Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Creating a playable CD from WAV files (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=391808)

Emerald 06-19-2017 04:07 AM

Creating a playable CD from WAV files

This is a rather basic thing, making an end product out of Pro Tools recordings, but I can't find anything in the user guide abut how to do it. I've tried putting tracks into iTunes and converting to MP3, then burning to disc, but this produces a single continuous track that does not play any sound on my CD player. I'm still on the old Pro Tools LE8 version by the way. Any advice please?

Sardi 06-19-2017 04:25 AM

Re: Creating a playable CD from WAV files

Why would you convert to MP3 to burn an audio disc?

Just bounce your file as a 16bit 44.1kHz wav file and import into a new iTunes playlist and then choose the burn playlist to disc option. Done.

Re: the one continuous file - not sure what you mean there. If they're individual songs, then they should appear as individual tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicman691 06-19-2017 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald (Post 2435762)
This is a rather basic thing, making an end product out of Pro Tools recordings, but I can't find anything in the user guide abut how to do it. I've tried putting tracks into iTunes and converting to MP3, then burning to disc, but this produces a single continuous track that does not play any sound on my CD player. I'm still on the old Pro Tools LE8 version by the way. Any advice please?

DSP Quattro; not free but worth the money. And leave the PT files as wavs.

albee1952 06-19-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald (Post 2435762)

More info might help. Mac or PC? Audio CD's are best made with wave files that are 16 bit/44.1K Interleaved. As said above, making a CD from MP3's is reducing your music quality. This might be fine to fit 3 hours of favorite tunes onto one CD for riding in the car, its a bad idea for anything you want to sound its best. ITunes can use wave files(as described above), as can Windows Media Player(for PC users). If your sessions are 24 bit(and I hope they ARE), remember to use a dither plugin as the very final process when bouncing to 16 bit(for burning to your audio CD).

musicman691 06-20-2017 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2435892)
More info might help. Mac or PC? Audio CD's are best made with wave files that are 16 bit/44.1K Interleaved. As said above, making a CD from MP3's is reducing your music quality. This might be fine to fit 3 hours of favorite tunes onto one CD for riding in the car, its a bad idea for anything you want to sound its best. ITunes can use wave files(as described above), as can Windows Media Player(for PC users). If your sessions are 24 bit(and I hope they ARE), remember to use a dither plugin as the very final process when bouncing to 16 bit(for burning to your audio CD).

According to the op's profile page he's on an old Mac mini running OSX 10.6.8 so other than iTunes and DSP Quattro CD burning options are limited.

Sardi 06-20-2017 07:14 AM

There's also Burn which runs on SL and if memory serves me correct, the latest version of Roxio's Toast is also SL compatible. Might be 10.7... going from memory.

Regardless, iTunes is more than capable of doing what he needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albee1952 06-20-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2435917)
According to the op's profile page he's on an old Mac mini running OSX 10.6.8 so other than iTunes and DSP Quattro CD burning options are limited.

Maybe an older version of Toast?

musicman691 06-20-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2435954)
Maybe an older version of Toast?

I should think so.