Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   LE Plugin Delay Compensation (Monthly Request Pt. 3) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=256185)

devkerr 10-05-2009 07:44 PM

LE Plugin Delay Compensation (Monthly Request Pt. 3)

Now that we all have a "revolutionary" guitar emulation product, how about Digi get back to a "revolutionary" recording product, which should have been correctly implemented years ago: native ADC.

Enough excuses please. Digi clearly has the programming resources to get done what they want done.

We want ADC. Yesterday.

ladewd 10-05-2009 07:50 PM

Re: LE Plugin Delay Compensation (Monthly Request Pt. 3)

Please!!!!

Scott K 10-05-2009 07:51 PM

Hey DEV,
I know it's not the perfect solution, but for 50 bucks you can get mellowmuse's Auto Time adjuster(ATA) (www.mellowmuse.com) and have delay compensation in LE. I've have to change a couple of things about how I work to use it but the benefit has been great.

devkerr 10-05-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott K (Post 1473183)
Hey DEV,
I know it's not the perfect solution, but for 50 bucks you can get mellowmuse's Auto Time adjuster(ATA) (www.mellowmuse.com) and have delay compensation in LE. I've have to change a couple of things about how I work to use it but the benefit has been great.

Thanks, Scott. This has been suggested many a time to me. In my own use, the ATA is only a workaround, not a true solution.

se.audio 10-05-2009 11:06 PM

Why a monthly request? I'm thinking this should be a weekly, maybe even daily request...

chrisdee 10-06-2009 01:06 AM

It's stamped in their (Digidesign) forheads as I'v heard.;)

spicemix 10-06-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdee (Post 1473321)
It's stamped in their (Digidesign) foreheads as I'v heard.;)

Are they due for a long, hard look in the mirror?

TOM@METRO 10-06-2009 03:02 AM

There is a rumor that since the mandatory forehead stamping, all coders have been signing a "No Mirror Agreement". "NMA".

JustinA 10-06-2009 06:14 AM

Been using Pro Tools 8 to track/edit and Logic 8 to mix... but I'm starting to lean more and more towards just doing the whole thing in Logic because it's a huge PITA to use my Liquid Mix and other plugs in Pro Tools...

And Logic 9 looks great...

If ADC isn't here in about the next month, I'm buying Logic 9 and leaving Pro Tools.

Hurry Digi!

devkerr 10-06-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinA (Post 1473424)
Been using Pro Tools 8 to track/edit and Logic 8 to mix... but I'm starting to lean more and more towards just doing the whole thing in Logic because it's a huge PITA to use my Liquid Mix and other plugs in Pro Tools...

And Logic 9 looks great...

If ADC isn't here in about the next month, I'm buying Logic 9 and leaving Pro Tools.

Hurry Digi!

Yes, it seems like Logic 9 is finally a viable replacement option.

Perhaps the HD upgrade pricing foreshadows new products on the way soon.

I hope we get a real native system, with ADC of course.