Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   No output from MBOX 2 Mini (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=257800)

sh3p 10-26-2009 10:48 PM

No output from MBOX 2 Mini

I am having difficulties with my MBOX 2 mini. I get audio levels in my mix window when playing my guitar and if I record it it shows the appropriate levels and corresponding wave form for the track. When I try to play back I see the audio levels and they look good. I don't have my monitors muted and I have toggled all of the buttons on the MBOX 2 Mini to make sure I didn't have one set incorrectly. I set all of the volume knobs and input knobs to halfway in order to make sure one of them isn't turned down or up. My speakers are on and turned up. My connections from the output on my MBOX to my speakers are connected and have been checked. I have a feeling something with Pro Tools LE 8 isn't setup properly for playback. Each track I have tried to play back I have set the output to Out 1-2 (Stereo) in the mix window. I chose this because the only other options are "no output" or a "bus" with a list of "buses" and I have no idea what they are for.
I went to the setup menu and selected "I/O" and checked it and it shows the MBOX 2 Mini as my hardware with the outputs set to "Out 1-2".
Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix this so I can output? I also cannot hear my guitar when it is plugged in, I can only see the input audio levels spike according to my strumming. I just want to be able to hear what im recording while I record and play it back when I'm done! Please help, thanks!

pianosound 10-27-2009 12:12 AM

Re: No output from MBOX 2 Mini

sh3p,,,,,,, I'm not sure if this makes a difference,,, but have you, or are you using a Master track,??? (Do you see your guitar signal in the Master track also??)

Mike

Keybeeetsss 10-27-2009 12:17 AM

Hey Mike, yeah it wouldn't really matter with that... ? for the OP, Jus being certain, but U do have the speakers comin from the OUTPUT of the Mini correct? & maybe u wanna check the ur pad buttons...Do u have headphones that u can hook up & see if u get anything there?

pianosound 10-27-2009 12:21 AM

Also check to see if 'input only monitor mode' is selected or not?
+1 on the headphones??!!

Keybeeetsss 10-27-2009 12:25 AM

Could be input monitoring,,,,, only thing tho is he said when he records,, he doesn't hear it either(I think he said that),,,,,,I don't know:eek:

;)

pianosound 10-27-2009 12:42 AM

You're right,,, he said no audio output, playback or recording???? Curious about the headphones!

LincolnT 10-27-2009 05:25 AM

The mix knob is the most important knob to center.

Go to all 4 tabs of the I/O dialog box in the settings menu set everything back to default.

Make a STEREO master fader on Analog 1/2 and tell us if there is volume showing on the level meter.

sh3p 10-27-2009 11:42 AM

LincolnT I centered the mix knob, i went to the IO dialogue box and set everything to default. I created a stereo master fader but i dont know what you mean by "on Analog 1/2" nothing in the options during my attempts to create a track gives me any options for "analog" anything.
This is what i did to make the master fader:

Track---->New...----->(new track diag box open)

Create 1 new Stereo Master Fader in Samples

----->Create

I still cannot hear when i play my guitar although the audio levels register in the recording track and during playback I see them (audio levels) in both the track which i recorded and the master fader track. On the back of my MBOX 2 Mini the "Mic/DI" is depressed for DI, both pad buttons and the 48v phantom buttons are not depressed. I do not get any audio output from the headphone jack on the front of my MBOX 2 mini. Oh and how do I access or where do I go to check about the 'input only monitoring' setting that pianosound mentioned?

marbla62 10-27-2009 11:47 AM

Did you turn the leftmost knob up (to the right)? It is not just for headphone output but for the general sound output? I know I didn't realize that right away in the beginning.

sh3p 10-27-2009 11:54 AM

Yes all the knobs are set halfway up to make sure they arent too low or high including the left most (heaphone/speaker) knob