Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User ID" (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369580)

jburik1176 07-07-2015 06:06 PM

Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User ID"
 
I'm trying to activate a PTHD12 upgrade code and am unable to do so because I can't link my ilok account with my Avid Master Account. Each time I try to link it I get the error message: "Failed to access the User ID. Please try again."

Drew Mazurek 07-07-2015 06:10 PM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jburik1176 (Post 2275212)
I'm trying to activate a PTHD12 upgrade code and am unable to do so because I can't link my ilok account with my Avid Master Account. Each time I try to link it I get the error message: "Failed to access the User ID. Please try again."

And the login and password work on iLok.com right?

jburik1176 07-07-2015 06:11 PM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2275214)
And the login and password work on iLok.com right?

Yes. I am able to log in both at ilok.com and by way of the iLok license manager.

Drew Mazurek 07-07-2015 06:20 PM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jburik1176 (Post 2275216)
Yes. I am able to log in both at ilok.com and by way of the iLok license manager.

Cool. Sounds like Jeffro needs to look into this. Stand by.

ptuser22 07-07-2015 07:19 PM

Linking ilok account to avid Account
 
I am getting the following error
Failed to access the User ID. Please try again.

I can sign in on ilok.com and the ILM no problem - but can't link my ilok account to my Avid Account. Thus I am unable to register my Pro Tools license.
Not sure why this is so difficult Register this confirm address confirm email .....
lots of steps to even get Pro tools up and running..... :confused:

ptuser22 07-07-2015 07:21 PM

Re: Linking ilok account to avid Account
 
I also started a registration support case - but got no help back just a generic email to make a post here ....

jeffro 07-07-2015 07:54 PM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User I
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jburik1176 (Post 2275212)
I'm trying to activate a PTHD12 upgrade code and am unable to do so because I can't link my ilok account with my Avid Master Account. Each time I try to link it I get the error message: "Failed to access the User ID. Please try again."

Quote:

Originally Posted by jburik1176 (Post 2275216)
Yes. I am able to log in both at ilok.com and by way of the iLok license manager.

This is happening at avid.com/accountilok/DefaultILok?

I see that you updated your case with your iLok account info, and I see that Michael is working on it. I'll check in with him, thanks for your patience.

jeffro 07-07-2015 08:11 PM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User I
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptuser22 (Post 2275243)
I am getting the following error
Failed to access the User ID. Please try again.

I can sign in on ilok.com and the ILM no problem - but can't link my ilok account to my Avid Account. Thus I am unable to register my Pro Tools license.
Not sure why this is so difficult Register this confirm address confirm email .....
lots of steps to even get Pro tools up and running..... :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptuser22 (Post 2275244)
I also started a registration support case - but got no help back just a generic email to make a post here ....

Found your case - there's an auto-reply that's sent to let you know the case got logged and it provides some info. An agent should be handling this soon, though you didn't include your iLok User ID in your description and I couldn't find an account based on your email address. Can you please reply to the email you got and put your iLok User ID at the top of the email? Please include any email address you would have registered your LE software to as well. Thanks!

roberts 07-07-2015 09:41 PM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User I
 
looks like a problem on Avid's end - nobody can link an ilok account to an Avid account at all. It's not isolated to one user it's happening to everybody.

Drew Mazurek 07-08-2015 04:58 AM

Re: Unable to link Avid Master Account with iLok account "Failed to access the User I
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roberts (Post 2275261)
looks like a problem on Avid's end - nobody can link an ilok account to an Avid account at all. It's not isolated to one user it's happening to everybody.

I did it no problem. So have many thousands of others.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com