Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Why can't I hear my recorded audio in Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=226461)

Miguel_Recendez 08-11-2008 12:21 PM

Why can't I hear my recorded audio in Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4?

Here's what I did (I'll be detailed as to avoid you having to write back so many times).:

I recorded a band yesterday afternoon with my Octane and Project Mix I/O. But, what I did was use the Octane as my tracks "1-8" to use the preamps on the drums, and the Project Mix as my tracks "9-11" for overheads, and scratch bass. I was able to hear playback at the session, but when I got home and set up my gear again, I couldn't hear any playback at all.

I could see where the audio is supposed to be on the edit window, but couldn't see the actual sound waves on all 11 tracks. The bars are completely empty. It keeps giving the warning "Missing Files" every time I open the session. I clicked on "Automatically Find & Relink," but it never recovered a single track.

I also went into the "I/O settings" for the session and once again selected "Default." Was it a mistake to reconfigure the "I/O Input" again after recording with the "Default" settings that I originally ended up with after making the Octane tracks "1-8" as opposed to the traditional 9-16?

There was also an error before I shut down my computer. I was playing back the session for the band when the audio stopped on it's own, it said: CPU overload, and to increase the buffer size on the playback engine. I had to turn off my gear before I could check it because we were being rushed to leave, and I don't remember if I pressed save or not. I'm going to be getting more RAM soon to avoid that message from popping up.

Yeah I know it's a lot, what should I do?

Thanx for your time,
Miguel

DigiTechSupt 08-11-2008 01:47 PM

Had you saved the session at any prior to turning off your gear?

If you open the session and go to Setup>Disk Allocation - where does it show the tracks are playing from? Which drive did you create the session on? Is that drive currently connected to your computer?

Miguel_Recendez 08-11-2008 02:30 PM

I made the mistake of not saving at all, now that I'm thinking back. But I did set Pro Tools to auto back up every five minutes and to keep the last 10 most recent ones, but I was unsuccessful at recovering anything that way either.

My disk allocation goes from "Track" 1-11 in that order, and "Root Media Folder" says "Tiger:Users:miguel:desktop." What do you recommend? Is that what it should say, with the way I recorded?

I created the session on my internal drive which is directly connected to my computer. As of now I'm running at 512 megs, but will be getting another 1 gig very soon.

I'm hoping that I can get this working so I don't have to redo the whole session from scratch.

Thanx,
Miguel

frienddragon 08-11-2008 03:14 PM

you're probably fine. what may have happened is your Pro Tools session can't reconnect to your audio files - some times this happens. there isn't really any way for the files to 'disappear', you just need to find out where they are. if your disc allocation was set to Desktop then there is a folder on the desktop with your audio files in it. Find that and call me back.