Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   RTAS & TDM Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Help with Celemony's Melodyne Editor 2 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=339294)

gross1 05-27-2013 09:59 PM

Help with Celemony's Melodyne Editor 2

Hello everyone,

I just purchased the latest edition of Melodyne Editor Version 2. After installing it and using it as a plug-in with Pro Tools (version 7, yes i'm in need of an upgrade), it began slowing my Mac (version 10.6) down a bit. After I transferred my audio to Melodyne, the "play" button wouldn't repeat any audio that was altered and i kept receiving error messages about increasing my computer's buffer size. I was forced to restart Pro Tools multiple times after both programs froze over and over.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to resolve this dilemma? I'm confident my Mac has enough space with over 2 GB of storage left.

Thanks

gross1 05-27-2013 10:00 PM

Help with Celemony's Melodyne Editor 2

Hello everyone,

I just purchased the latest edition of Melodyne Editor Version 2. After installing it and using it as a plug-in with Pro Tools (version 7, yes i'm in need of an upgrade), it began slowing my Mac (version 10.6) down a bit. After I transferred my audio to Melodyne, the "play" button wouldn't repeat any audio that was altered and i kept receiving error messages about increasing my computer's buffer size. I was forced to restart Pro Tools multiple times after both programs froze over and over.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to resolve this dilemma? I'm confident my Mac has enough space with over 2 GB of storage left.

Thanks

DetroitT 05-28-2013 05:48 AM

Re: Help with Celemony's Melodyne Editor 2

Try "Open in 32bit"
Close PT's Get Info for Melodyne Tick the check box for 32 bit.
Increase buffer size as needed and note your CPU usage (-1)

albee1952 05-28-2013 07:55 AM

Before using Melodyne, I always up the buffer to 1024(Melodyne uses a lot of horsepower). Once I have finished tuning, I drag the Melodyne plugin to a blank track(AUX or AUDIO) beside the original track(the audio moves with the plugin), and then bus it back to the original track and record on a new playlist. Once its done, I delete the blank track with the plugin(or Hide and Make Inactive, if I think I might need to revisit).

albee1952 05-28-2013 08:01 AM

Pro Tools 7 and 10.6?? I don't think that's supported. 2GB of free space on the hard drive?? Not enough(you should maintain about 15% free(of the total drive space). Are your sessions on the system drive?? Totally not supported. Per DUC rules:
Please post your message once only to the correct forum
Please pick one of your threads to keep and delete the other(s)