Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mbox dongle (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=52159)

Chompers 02-14-2003 04:22 AM

Mbox dongle

Perhaps Digi could release a dongle that would let you use the Mbox without the mbox. So editing on a plane would be possible without lugging the mbox in your powerbook case.

ID pay $20 for that.

vf124 02-14-2003 06:24 AM

Re: Mbox dongle

Quote:

ID pay $20 for that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Me too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...

guisquil 02-14-2003 06:37 AM

I see the MBox as the largest dungle of all of them ... did they design that think in Texas? :-)

Duardo 02-14-2003 06:39 AM

Actually, the 002's a larger dongle...or maybe an HD system would be as well, although technically you'd just need one interface, which would be a little smaller than the 002...

-Duardo

vf124 02-14-2003 06:41 AM

Quote:

the 002's a larger dongle...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yea, but my 002 doesn't ride well in a backpack...

DesertDude 02-14-2003 06:57 AM

How about putting the Digi info on the iLok [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

With this type of marketing users will be screaming to get one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Slaterman 02-14-2003 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chompers:
Perhaps Digi could release a dongle that would let you use the Mbox without the mbox. So editing on a plane would be possible without lugging the mbox in your powerbook case.

ID pay $20 for that.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They need a $400 dongle, though, to ensure that everyone who's running PTLE has paid for PTLE. If there were a $20 dongle, people would buy the dongle, and then download PTLE from some peer-to-peer software sharing service....

c_hebb 02-14-2003 01:15 PM

Maybe there is a way around the piracy, i don't know. But I would love to have some sort of dongle for using the PT sequencer live without lugging an Mbox to a gig; it is an issue with me...

Rail Jon Rogut 02-14-2003 01:50 PM

Lugging???... If you consider carrying an MBox around as "lugging"... may I suggest you do a little more exercise [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] How does your drummer feel about lugging his gear around?

I do wish that Digi would sell a little leatherette case for the MBox tho'.

Rail

c_hebb 02-14-2003 04:08 PM

Lugging as in carrying a relatively delicate recording device to a club environment where it could easily be damaged and would serve no practical purpose. I just need the PT sessions for sequencing and their MIDI tracks, which perhaps software like NI's Intakt will accomplish. Then again, bringing a laptop computer is dangerous and is about as fragile as things get! Maybe I'd feel better if it had it's own case like my laptop. I want it, and welcome it to a practice session because then I can record.