Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Monitor Knob - Cut Assignment like XMON but now for MTRX (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398829)

innenhofstudios 04-23-2018 05:40 AM

Monitor Knob - Cut Assignment like XMON but now for MTRX

Hi,
How can i cut the Monitor Path on the MTRX like it is for the X-Mon ?
Sure there is a way through the Submenus on the Montor Prefs.

Is there a way to program thios knob ?

Best René

--
innenhofstudios.at
S6 M40-16, MTRX, 2xHDX, OS10.12.6

creativecontrol 04-23-2018 06:13 AM

Re: Monitor Knob - Cut Assignment like XMON but now for MTRX

Greetings,

This is currently possible to cut and dim any of the 4 monitors plus Control Room from the monitor soft keys. You can find Control Room from the EXTRAS section on the right Automation Module or simply by pressing the QuickJump for Monitoring with is SHIFT + numeric section "." - period.

Jeff

innenhofstudios 05-04-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2485886)
Greetings,

This is currently possible to cut and dim any of the 4 monitors plus Control Room from the monitor soft keys. You can find Control Room from the EXTRAS section on the right Automation Module or simply by pressing the QuickJump for Monitoring with is SHIFT + numeric section "." - period.

Jeff

Thank you for your response Jeff, but still this way is not handy at all. The Mute Version like for XMon will never be possible ?

its2loud 05-04-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innenhofstudios (Post 2487228)
Thank you for your response Jeff, but still this way is not handy at all. The Mute Version like for XMon will never be possible ?

What are you asking exactly? Currently on the S6 there is a MAIN Cut and Adjustable Dim for any selected speaker set. You want separate cut and dims for each of the selectable speaker paths or sources to the speakers?

The Matrix is highly flexible depending on how outset it up. Also, if you deselect a monitor source on the MTM it will Cut that signal to the output.

Are you trying to send different signal to difference speakers or headphones in different rooms? It would help if you clarify what you want to be able to do.

innenhofstudios 05-07-2018 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its2loud (Post 2487308)
What are you asking exactly? Currently on the S6 there is a MAIN Cut and Adjustable Dim for any selected speaker set. You want separate cut and dims for each of the selectable speaker paths or sources to the speakers?

The Matrix is highly flexible depending on how outset it up. Also, if you deselect a monitor source on the MTM it will Cut that signal to the output.

Are you trying to send different signal to difference speakers or headphones in different rooms? It would help if you clarify what you want to be able to do.

Its actually a very simple task. nothing really special...but very handy.

ok. on the XMON im able to cut Mon A and Mon B from the S6 surface right from the surface. With no Submenu etc. The Top Knob right to MonA and MonB showed Red when it was Cut.

With the Matrix i have to go in the Submenus to Cut Monitor Path A-C.

Im not talking about Speaker Sets. Only about the Monitor Paths and to mute/cut them with the knobs on the S6.

I hope i was clear now ?

its2loud 05-07-2018 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by innenhofstudios (Post 2487445)
Its actually a very simple task. nothing really special...but very handy.

ok. on the XMON im able to cut Mon A and Mon B from the S6 surface right from the surface. With no Submenu etc. The Top Knob right to MonA and MonB showed Red when it was Cut.

With the Matrix i have to go in the Submenus to Cut Monitor Path A-C.

Im not talking about Speaker Sets. Only about the Monitor Paths and to mute/cut them with the knobs on the S6.

I hope i was clear now ?

Strange! I see what you mean. There doesn't seem to be a way to customize the depress function of the control knob next to MON A and MON B selector. The Main Monitor Depress works to Cut the Mains and Talkback works to latch the TB. There has to be a way to assign that knob depress to CUT based on the MON A or B Selection. Even the document says the knobs do this. Jeff, can you guys fix this to work with the DADMan?

creativecontrol 05-08-2018 05:07 AM

Greetings,

Yes - this has certainly been reported previously with regard to lack of parity for XMON when MTRX is used instead:

Push to mute for Control Room and Monitors A-D
Color coding for Control Room and Monitors A-D to indicate mute/cut.
Listenback Support / 2nd TB, toggling, enabling

Eddie is the product manager for S6 so he determines what gets implemented.

best,

Jeff

its2loud 05-08-2018 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2487569)
Greetings,

Yes - this has certainly been reported previously with regard to lack of parity for XMON when MTRX is used instead:

Push to mute for Control Room and Monitors A-D
Color coding for Control Room and Monitors A-D to indicate mute/cut.
Listenback Support / 2nd TB, toggling, enabling

Eddie is the product manager for S6 so he determines what gets implemented.

best,

Jeff

Ok. Thanks Jeff. So how do we let Eddie know and get this moved up the “to do”list. Seems like you guys are aware of it?

creativecontrol 05-11-2018 10:04 AM

He does monitor this forum however I will also copy him via email on the thread.

best,

Jeff

its2loud 05-12-2018 08:02 AM

[QUOTE=creativecontrol;2487943]He does monitor this forum however I will also copy him via email on the thread. /QUOTE]

That’s great! Thanks Jeff