Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   HD Native Thunderbolt NO POWER (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=389176)

[email protected] 02-25-2017 06:23 PM

HD Native Thunderbolt NO POWER

I came back to my computer to find the HD Native Thunderbolt powered off.

Everything seems to be connect per usual, Thunderbolt ports seem to work, but no LED power light comes on at all..

How might I fix this?

JFreak 02-25-2017 11:23 PM

Re: HD Native Thunderbolt NO POWER

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2414823)
I came back to my computer to find the HD Native Thunderbolt powered off.

Everything seems to be connect per usual, Thunderbolt ports seem to work, but no LED power light comes on at all..

How might I fix this?

Call Avid Support, it might be broken. (it happened to me once)

But first reboot your computer without HDN connected and then connect when the computer has properly boot up. (that is the way your manual says to use it)

[email protected] 02-26-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2414844)
Call Avid Support, it might be broken. (it happened to me once)

But first reboot your computer without HDN connected and then connect when the computer has properly boot up. (that is the way your manual says to use it)

So strange--

Do you recall the turn around time for something like this? It's a year or so out of warranty as well...

JFreak 02-26-2017 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2414853)
So strange--

Do you recall the turn around time for something like this? It's a year or so out of warranty as well...

Don't remember for sure, but it was very fast (they didn't actually repair it, only chnaged it to new one and printed my old serial number to it)

[email protected] 02-26-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2414854)
Don't remember for sure, but it was very fast (they didn't actually repair it, only chnaged it to new one and printed my old serial number to it)

I read someone online that it might have an issue with the application manager problem bricking it. I'm not sure. But that this person found that to be resolved one he updated his drivers to HD Driver 12.7.1. Right now I'm on HD driver 12.6.3

I Don't use pro-tools, Just use the hardware with my Burl B80 and Logic. So getting these new flocks of drivers are always tricky now that they're tied to pro-tool subscriptions.

Avid will always send me the most up to date on request through secure file upload- but being that its the weekend, would you possibly be able to DM HD Drivers 12.7.1-- Maybe this might unblock the problem. Worth a shot