Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   OK and Cancel Softkeys (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408507)

Lynn Gräber 02-14-2020 10:57 AM

OK and Cancel Softkeys

These working for anyone else in 20.1?

XJENSEN 02-14-2020 11:19 AM

Re: OK and Cancel Softkeys

I also noticed weird things going on with the soft keys today.. Some of them weren't working and began flashing and stuff. Didn't dive into it since I don't use them that often anyway.

Ellis Beckwith 02-17-2020 11:44 AM

Cancel / OK work as expected everywhere I've tried except that in Menu>File>Save the OK key doesn't flash and doesn't initiate a save. But, tapping again on the Save key does save the file. don't recall whether this worked this way before the update because I always use the small Save key at the bottom of the screen and just tap it twice.

Lynn Gräber 02-17-2020 12:11 PM

I am talking specifically with bounce to disc and bounce track. Hitting OK does not initialize bounce from the dialog. I have to hit enter on the keyboard.

Also, my top layer of softkeys at the bottom of the Control app are messed up. The text is from the memory locations page, but its top level commands.

barden 02-17-2020 06:37 PM

Lynn...

I can report that my Dock surface OK and Cancel buttons are working as predicted. Same for the OK and Cancel in the Control App (on-screen softkeys) and their corresponding Dock surface soft keys.

Dock, S1, EuControl 20.1, PT2019.10, latest App versions, latest firmware, MacOS 10.14.6.

~Barden

docric 02-19-2020 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barden (Post 2554553)
Lynn...

I can report that my Dock surface OK and Cancel buttons are working as predicted.

+1

Lynn Gräber 02-28-2020 07:27 AM

I still have not figure this out. Anyone have any insight?

Barranca 03-03-2020 05:39 AM

Lynn, this might not apply to your situation.....but,,,,, I had trouble with OK & Cancel keys for several days/ reboots. I got lucky, I don't know 'how' it happened, but one day an apple osx window popped up. Now mind you I did nothing different that I hadn't done a MILLION times previous, but the osx window popped up, the one where you have to go into System PREFs and implicitly check the box that you want to give avid control permission to make changes/control osx....darn the name slips my mind...once I checked the box and rebooted BOOM OK and cancel started working..sorry I'm not in front of my computer. I will try and remember to look and update back here. Again sorry if you already tried this.....(I think it is called 'Accessibility'

Alec

Lynn Gräber 03-10-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barranca (Post 2555933)
Lynn, this might not apply to your situation.....but,,,,, I had trouble with OK & Cancel keys for several days/ reboots. I got lucky, I don't know 'how' it happened, but one day an apple osx window popped up. Now mind you I did nothing different that I hadn't done a MILLION times previous, but the osx window popped up, the one where you have to go into System PREFs and implicitly check the box that you want to give avid control permission to make changes/control osx....darn the name slips my mind...once I checked the box and rebooted BOOM OK and cancel started working..sorry I'm not in front of my computer. I will try and remember to look and update back here. Again sorry if you already tried this.....(I think it is called 'Accessibility'

Alec

did you ever look this up. I looked under the security preferences and everything seemed to be in order.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it! PTL. Security prefs, Accessibility, make sure Pro Tools is checked.

Gosh man, the security hoops are getting kinda ridiculous.

Southsidemusic 03-10-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn Gräber (Post 2556646)

Gosh man, the security hoops are getting kinda ridiculous.

Thank Apple for those hoops.