Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HD1/2/3 with rtas = HD native (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=317019)

ngmusique 02-07-2012 12:11 PM

HD1/2/3 with rtas = HD native

Hello,

as I allready post I will update my gear. And I have a question, does an old (!) HD TDM system (1, 2 or 3) with rtas plugin will be the same performance as a hd native + the option to use tdm plug on aux bus for exemple, or real monitoring with tdm plug while tracking... ?

Also with HD TDM card can I use AAX native plugin?

A last question PT11 will be not compatible with blue interface right? what about the card if i use another interface (apogee...) ?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration

Nick

phatbeatstudio 02-08-2012 07:41 AM

Re: HD1/2/3 with rtas = HD native

From what AVID says HD 11 will not be compatible with the BLUE interface,s I don't think HD10.1 is compatible now. If you have HD10 yes AAX native plugs will work on HD cards but, TDM plugs will not work in HD10 unless you use them as rats or native not sure the proper terminology but thats the way it goes I think.

kittonian 02-08-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio (Post 1899226)
From what AVID says HD 11 will not be compatible with the BLUE interface,s I don't think HD10.1 is compatible now. If you have HD10 yes AAX native plugs will work on HD cards but, TDM plugs will not work in HD10 unless you use them as rats or native not sure the proper terminology but thats the way it goes I think.

HD10 supports TDM plugs on HD cards and RTAS & AAX native plugs. You need an HDX card to use AAX DSP plugs. HDX cards do not support TDM plugs.

ngmusique 02-08-2012 02:01 PM

Thanks guys for reply...

A point that's stay unclear (for me) did avid said that hd tdm card will be not compatible with pt11 ?

Craig F 02-08-2012 06:49 PM

yes, in 11 HD cards are dead; AAX only, no TDM or RTAS
blue interfaces are unsupported (I'm assuming dead)

JFreak 02-08-2012 11:52 PM

Blue interfaces are "unsupported" which (afaik) means they are not tested officially, and if a person finds something that is not working they are not going to put effort into fixing the issue.

It does not mean that we know for sure they won't work. Think about those black MIX interfaces. The last PT version that supported MIX cards was 6.4.1 and the interfaces continued working until 8.0.1 (last PPC version). Now we know that last PT version supporting HD cards will be 10.x

...and I would assume interfaces continue working for the foreseeable future. It's just that PT might see them as 3rd party interfaces, but hey... ;)