Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   How to stop Eucon from automaticly switching applications (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=393128)

TrackerLe 08-17-2017 05:36 AM

How to stop Eucon from automaticly switching applications

Hi forum...

I have a problem with Eucon...
I am using a S3+Dock combo...
Everything is fine when working with PTHD and Logic...
But if switch from Protools to another application like Firefox, Eucon changes to Firefox and all Faders go down till i switch back, then all faders go back to session positions...

How can i tell Eucon, that it should only control Protools, even if i switch to firefox or Itunes...

Is there any option to prevent Eucon to switch automaticly apllications...

thx for help

reichman 08-17-2017 01:46 PM

Re: How to stop Eucon from automaticly switching applications

There is a "lock application" setting in EuCon. Not in front of it right now, forget which tab, but it's easy to find. Put the application you want locked on top, then go straight to EuCon settings and lock.

jkess 08-29-2017 03:05 PM

Thanks Nathaniel.. :))

TrackerLe 09-02-2017 06:36 AM

I found the Lock options... Thank you; This hint was really great... thanks

Mark Ziebarth 09-02-2017 10:15 AM

But you can lock the hardware to one application at a time only. It would be an improvement to lock it to Pro Tools and Logic (or any other DAW) for example.

danpt 09-11-2017 10:06 PM

Mark - Locking is an exclusive action and only works for one application. What would happen if you locked to Pro Tools and Logic, but then switched from Pro Tools TO Logic, which app should the S3 lock to and maintain the positions of?

EddieJones 09-12-2017 07:58 PM

I think what you want is an option to only switch to EUCON Apps (like the S6). I'll have a think.

Dizzi45Z 05-09-2018 08:13 PM

I have both Pro Tools and Logic in my studio and I would like a control surface that easily switches between the two. Currently, a HUI system I have requires that I go through a lengthy process to switch. In searching to see if the S3 would switch back and forth, I came across this thread.

From what I am gathering here in the thread, it sounds like the S3 automatically switches between applications without having to re-set-up settings.

I don't want to hijack this thread. I just wanted to confirm that this is the case with the S3.

reichman 05-09-2018 09:08 PM

Dizzi: I can confirm that the Dock switches instantly and smoothly between Logic and PT. Pretty sure S3 would too.

jKat74 07-13-2018 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 2445510)
There is a "lock application" setting in EuCon. Not in front of it right now, forget which tab, but it's easy to find. Put the application you want locked on top, then go straight to EuCon settings and lock.

Hi, I have the same problem with System 5 MC. The C408T Modules bring down all faders when I switch to other applications. How can I do to lock them to Nuendo 8 app? Thank you