Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How to remove plugins from the PT list (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404827)

DonaldM 05-20-2019 05:24 PM

How to remove plugins from the PT list

I use some of the IK Multimedia plugins and of course use their Custom Shop to keep track of stuff. For some reason ALL the T-Racks plugins show up in my PT Plugin menu even though I only actually own a handful of them. Its annoying. How do I remove the ones I don't own from the list?

Sardi 05-20-2019 05:33 PM

Re: How to remove plugins from the PT list

Move them to the unused plugin folder and they won’t appear.

If you don’t own licenses for them, then just delete them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Jimmy 05-20-2019 05:40 PM

IK and UA both so this. Run the installer and it installs everything they offer. You have to comb through the plugins folder removing the plugins you don’t have license to just to clean up the plugin menu.

DonaldM 05-20-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2526556)
IK and UA both so this. Run the installer and it installs everything they offer. You have to comb through the plugins folder removing the plugins you don’t have license to just to clean up the plugin menu.

Thanks. I just couldn't remember what the procedure was.

xrekcor 05-21-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2526556)

Wow! what a pain in the butt that would be....

Southsidemusic 05-21-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2526652)
Wow! what a pain in the butt that would be....

You can say that again ... or twenty times ;)

albee1952 05-21-2019 05:11 PM

Oh yeah, and IK cheated the whole move to AAX. The "Custom Shop" plugin(from what I can figure) acts as a wrapper for all the rest of the plugins. Royal PITA:cool:

xrekcor 05-21-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2526671)
Oh yeah, and IK cheated the whole move to AAX. The "Custom Shop" plugin(from what I can figure) acts as a wrapper for all the rest of the plugins. Royal PITA:cool:

Like that Voice Leveler Avid threw at us loyal users..... @ 380Mb's or there about for one lil plug wif one knob lol..... a lot of code in that knob

xrekcor 05-21-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2526661)
You can say that again ... or twenty times ;)

haha don't tempt me

musicman691 05-22-2019 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2526671)

And this is why I don 't support IKMM product anymore. I remember when Custom Shop was just that - a marketplace where you could buy separate IKMM plugins if you didn't want to buy direct from the website.