Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   OSX 10.7 Lion + PT9 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=302965)

mattrixx 07-24-2011 04:49 AM

Re: OSX 10.7 Lion + PT9

There is obviously a Pro Tools 9.0.5 beta in circulation with devs, that works with the current version of WAVES. That was my point.

Recording Room 07-24-2011 08:50 AM

If it makes anyone feel more warm and fuzzy, this is on the Waves site..

July 2011
Waves is pleased to announce that Waves Version 8 now supports Mac OSX Lion 10.7 on the following audio hosts:
Pro tools 9.0.5 (beta)
Logic 9
Cubase 6
Main Stage 2.1.3
Wavelab 7.1
Peak 7
Waves MultiRack Native
Waves MultiRack SoundGrid

--

That said:
1- If you're a professional, quit whining and stop pretending like going to the latest OS is a must. Surely you have work to do to keep busy.
2- If you're not a professional, quit whining because you'll never get to be one pretending like the latest OS is cool and is a must and like Avid has done you wrong.

I came from the Logic Pro world and I've never seen Logic update any faster than Avid, and Avid puts out updates which provide incredibly stable environments. The first and MOST important thing about ANY DAW and recording rig (Analog or Digital) is stability. No one wants to be in the middle of a session and just crash. Ask Logic users how many times that happens to them, and how their clients like it.

So what's the big deal if you don't get to be on Lion? Oh you bought a new shiny mac and you want to use it on there, or it came with it: NEWS FLASH: YOU can install OS 10.6.7 or .8 on there yourself! Cool huh? Oh I know Apple doesn't sell it anymore, but surely you had an old Mac sitting around which has snow leopard... no? it's your first Mac? Oh ok, so you don't know anyone else with a Mac you can borrow a copy of Snow Leopard from? Surely you know about the Genius bar at Apple, they are always more than happy to help out on issues like that... the point is: You're a pro (or want to be one) and you need to find a workaround.

Engineering is about solving hard problems, not complaining about having hard problems. :D

R

ps. Sorry for this being my first post, but really, seeing the ludicrous expectations of users made me feel like I had to jump in.

Dism 07-24-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recording Room (Post 1818285)
If it makes anyone feel more warm and fuzzy, this is on the Waves site..

July 2011
Waves is pleased to announce that Waves Version 8 now supports Mac OSX Lion 10.7 on the following audio hosts:
Pro tools 9.0.5 (beta)
Logic 9
Cubase 6
Main Stage 2.1.3
Wavelab 7.1
Peak 7
Waves MultiRack Native
Waves MultiRack SoundGrid

--

That said:
1- If you're a professional, quit whining and stop pretending like going to the latest OS is a must. Surely you have work to do to keep busy.
2- If you're not a professional, quit whining because you'll never get to be one pretending like the latest OS is cool and is a must and like Avid has done you wrong.

I came from the Logic Pro world and I've never seen Logic update any faster than Avid, and Avid puts out updates which provide incredibly stable environments. The first and MOST important thing about ANY DAW and recording rig (Analog or Digital) is stability. No one wants to be in the middle of a session and just crash. Ask Logic users how many times that happens to them, and how their clients like it.

So what's the big deal if you don't get to be on Lion? Oh you bought a new shiny mac and you want to use it on there, or it came with it: NEWS FLASH: YOU can install OS 10.6.7 or .8 on there yourself! Cool huh? Oh I know Apple doesn't sell it anymore, but surely you had an old Mac sitting around which has snow leopard... no? it's your first Mac? Oh ok, so you don't know anyone else with a Mac you can borrow a copy of Snow Leopard from? Surely you know about the Genius bar at Apple, they are always more than happy to help out on issues like that... the point is: You're a pro (or want to be one) and you need to find a workaround.

Engineering is about solving hard problems, not complaining about having hard problems. :D

R

ps. Sorry for this being my first post, but really, seeing the ludicrous expectations of users made me feel like I had to jump in.

Best first post ever!

An engineer who doesn't problem solve is not allowed to call himself an engineer. Some problems are unavoidable, but if you complain instead of working around it, you might as well find a new profession.

Recording Room 07-24-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dism (Post 1818306)
Best first post ever!

An engineer who doesn't problem solve is not allowed to call himself an engineer. Some problems are unavoidable, but if you complain instead of working around it, you might as well find a new profession.

I would also say an engineer looking to add problems (upgrade to an OS or beta plugin) to their workflow is both a poor and inexperienced one.

Thanks for the kind comment.

R

sunburst79 07-24-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recording Room (Post 1818316)
I would also say an engineer looking to add problems (upgrade to an OS or beta plugin) to their workflow is both a poor and inexperienced one.

Thanks for the kind comment.

R

Umm.... that may be the best second post ever:D

Welcome to the DUC.

Keybeeetsss 07-24-2011 11:27 AM

Ditto what Dtism & Sunburst said... Great post Recording Room & Welcome!!!

Sent from EPIC 4G using Tapatalk On'eim...

filosofem 07-24-2011 05:43 PM

Sadly it'll change nothing! Some Mothers do 'ave 'em. :p

Recording Room 07-24-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filosofem (Post 1818422)
Sadly it'll change nothing! Some Mothers do 'ave 'em. :p

Someone's gotta try biting the tart lemon... I'll let 'Mickey' try it to see if he likes it while I take away his ticked off clients :-)

sunburst79 07-24-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recording Room (Post 1818429)
Someone's gotta try biting the tart lemon... I'll let 'Mickey' try it to see if he likes it while I take away his ticked off clients :-)

You must mean Mikey

filosofem 07-24-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recording Room (Post 1818429)
Someone's gotta try biting the tart lemon.

I'm trying to feel compassionate but trust me it's ground hog day. ;)