Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   PT Control App: Network Question (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403113)

KeyplayerG 01-26-2019 07:59 AM

PT Control App: Network Question

Eddie Jones keeps mentioning the network, regarding my ongoing Crashing Issues with the PT Control app in use with Nuendo. But I have no idea what that means. He just said that I might want to check my network. Check for what? What would I be looking for?

Should I assign a separate ip address for the iPad? Would that make it stop crashing Eucon and, by extension, Nuendo? :confused:

I THOUGHT I had a work around by simply avoiding the tracks page on the app, since that is what would cause it to crash. But, yesterday I found another wrinkle. The MC Control partially dropped connection with Nuendo. The CLEAR SOLO button stopped working. Ordinarily all I needed to do was restart the Eucon settings and everything is back to normal in a few seconds. It was a very minor irritation that I'd learned to live with. But this time, because the PT Control app was on, it crashed the entire system!

That is NOT ACCEPTABLE!! So now I'm looking for one last ditch effort to get this thing to work, hence the network question. Failing that, I'll be taking it offline and selling the iPad.

Anybody interested in a slightly used ( I've only owned for just shy of 2 months) 10" 2nd Generation iPad with 256gb memory? Let me know.

KeyplayerG 01-28-2019 10:14 AM

Re: PT Control App: Network Question

Will someone tell me how to set a static ip address for the iPad and how to link it to my network to work with the AS hardware?:confused:

EddieJones 01-28-2019 10:44 AM

https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient...leDet?ID=31371 but I wouldn't bother. Look for intermittent cables, bad network switch/router etc.

Do you have the setting on the iPad Control App Tracks Break on Color on ?

KeyplayerG 01-28-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2514484)
https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient...leDet?ID=31371 but I wouldn't bother. Look for intermittent cables, bad network switch/router etc.

Do you have the setting on the iPad Control App Tracks Break on Color on ?

I don't know what that means. All of the infrastructure is essentially new. I've got a TP Link 16 channel router that is less than a year old with all new ethernet cables that are all working just fine. The iPad is a 2nd Gen with iOS 12.1.3 with 256gb with the PT Control App being the ONLY APP I put on it. The only wire running from the iPad is the power cable. It's got a solid Wifi connection (showing maximum strength).

I know NOTHING about Apple Products. What is "Control App Tracks Break on Color?" :confused: Where do I look for that information?

EddieJones 01-28-2019 11:13 AM

Try page 17 of the User Guide....http://resources.avid.com/SupportFil...uide_v18.3.pdf

KeyplayerG 01-28-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2514492)

Oh, now I see what you mean. No, I don't have the tracks grouped in colors on the iPad. I never got to set that up. AS SOON AS I TOUCH THE TRACKS BUTTON ON THE iPad, EUCON CRASHES! So, all of my tracks are showing up numerically regardless of color on that page on the iPad. IF we ever get this settled, I would like to know how to set that up so that it breaks the tracks into color groups.

KeyplayerG 01-28-2019 05:41 PM

So, isolating the iPad is NOT GOING TO STOP THE CRASHES? :confused::confused::confused:

KeyplayerG 01-29-2019 06:43 AM

Hello???

EddieJones 01-29-2019 08:30 AM

Really....You dont want to use Google, you dont want to read the User Guides...you scream in all CAPS and you want answers from me instantly. HELLO !

KeyplayerG 01-29-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2514611)
Really....You dont want to use Google, you dont want to read the User Guides...you scream in all CAPS and you want answers from me instantly. HELLO !

1) I did use Google. Since it was a general post and not Audio Specific, I was afraid that there was something omitted that would screw up something else. That is why I asked the question here.

2) Who said I didn't want to use the User Guide? Where in that guide does it tell me how to avoid the crashes?

3) You keep making these statements as if they are facts, and then blast me for it. I've been trying to solve this issue since December. I sent screen shots that nobody looked at and then got yelled at for not sending more information. I'd ask a question and wait more than a week for any reply before trying again. When you finally decide to respond, you make dismissive one or 2 sentence comments that offer no actionable information to try and solve the issue. I'd ask for clarification and get no reply at all!

I've told you guys since the months before I purchased this thing that I didn't know anything about apple products and asked for guidance. You'd give me answers that assumed I knew what you meant and ignore me when I told you that I didn't know what you were talking about.

4) You've been talking about this network thing since December. I've been asking you what you mean since December. I got no reply. So I'm asking other people what you could have meant. Then you tell me you wouldn't bother with the static IP idea!:eek::confused: Then what DID you mean?

I'm going to every length possible to be as clear and concise as possible with what the issue is, what I've tried and what and/or why I'm trying to do and people are are "cherry picking" one phrase or another to attack me personally, like we're not talking about machines. This is madness!

I bought this gear to USE IT, not fight with it. How many things have you purchased that didn't work and then you just decide "Oh well, win some lose some."

Even on the used market, this gear isn't cheap. We are relentlessly being asked to do more for less. The very least this forum could do is actually try to help instead of trying to force me to work the way you do. This entire platform was supposedly based on being "Open," so that any user could work they way they wanted to! :mad: