Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   ProTools price adjustments from July 1st. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405261)

Teej 06-18-2019 05:45 AM

Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Another step making it clear that the only user bases they care about are post and bigger studios. They're not making PT attractive to anyone outside of the established userbase...up and coming people in music will use something else.

My question: Does this affect the PTHD10 perpetual reinstatement or does this remain available at $999?

JFreak 06-18-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelpry (Post 2529735)
“For those of you that are currently on Perpetual Licenses, the increase ranges from 0-33% on new licenses depending on the product and type of license.”

I'm 99% sure Avid means if you renew your support plan this month you will get your new support coverage with old price

JFreak 06-18-2019 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teej (Post 2529737)
Another step making it clear that the only user bases they care about are post and bigger studios. They're not making PT attractive to anyone outside of the established userbase...up and coming people in music will use something else.

This is something I'm not very keen to comment, but first number I saw on that new price list is 9.99/mth for customers who surrender the perpetual license and subscribe. If that isn't an attractive price, then tell me what is?

JFreak 06-18-2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teej (Post 2529737)
Does this affect the PTHD10 perpetual reinstatement or does this remain available at $999?

Avid might have to clarify the pricing the coming days, but it is sensible to think reinstatement remains the same price if you do it this month, but beginning of July the only option may very well be crossgrading to subscription. If something isn't on the list, then there must be a reason.

JFreak 06-18-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akiz (Post 2529736)
By surrender the perpetual license one has kept paying for years to get on the subscription wagon, so when that expires the user will have nothing, until of course keep paying.....What a scam!

Adobe customers bit the bullet much earlier, Avid is just following suit (pun intended)

LightWing 06-18-2019 05:56 AM

Doesn't anyone write this stuff off on their income taxes? I certainly do and I have a one man home studio.

LightWing 06-18-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2529741)
This is something I'm not very keen to comment, but first number I saw on that new price list is 9.99/mth for customers who surrender the perpetual license and subscribe. If that isn't an attractive price, then tell me what is?

And the response is...Crickets. :)

Teej 06-18-2019 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2529741)

Surrendering a perpetual license is not attractive regardless of the price. They can do whatever they want to the rental price in the future.

Also they just increased all the PT Vanilla rental prices for people not surrendering a license...I feel like you misunderstood me or the new pricing. I'm talking about attracting new young producers and mixers to Pro Tools. The price just went up for anyone considering a new Vanilla rental or perpetual license (when taking into account renewals.)

Teej 06-18-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2529742)
Avid might have to clarify the pricing the coming days, but it is sensible to think reinstatement remains the same price if you do it this month, but beginning of July the only option may very well be crossgrading to subscription. If something isn't on the list, then there must be a reason.

Right but in the Q&A on Facebook:

"3. Will avid still support Perpetual re-instatement programs?
Avid will continue to offer re-instatements."

It would be insane to make this statement and then not offer HD10 to Ultimate reinstatements anymore...and since it's not on the list the sensible assumption would be that it remains at the same price. However with Avid it's not sensible to make any assumptions.

LightWing 06-18-2019 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akiz (Post 2529736)
By surrender the perpetual license one has kept paying for years to get on the subscription wagon, so when that expires the user will have nothing, until of course keep paying.....What a scam!
Wow, you think you are smart enough to con people like that???
So embarrassing, once again.
The train wreck called Avid holds well....

:mad::mad::mad:

I believe you are incorrect. If you let your subscription expire Pro Tools CONTINUES to work at the release level you have at that time.