Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Audio tracks stop playing back/outputs disable (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=311045)

rtcstudio 11-03-2011 02:27 PM

Audio tracks stop playing back/outputs disable

Sometimes, usually after I import some additional audio, some audio tracks just stop playing back.

The meter will move like there is audio, but you won't hear anything. Voice shows assigned. You can solo it...no sound.

Only two ways I've found to fix it. One is to save the session, close Pro Tools and reopen Pro Tools, then reopen the session.

The other way is to go to an offending track and just select the output it's assigned to and assign it again (to the same output works). This resets it and it plays again.

I searched but the only thing I found was a similar thread in Pro Tools 9 a couple years back.

Mac OS 10.7.2, Pro Tools HD 10 (using TDM Expansion chassis with OMNI HD I/O and one blue 192 interface)
Mac Pro dual quad 2.66 Ghz (8 core), 17 Gig RAM
HW buffer 512
Host Processors 8
CPU Usage 90%
192 voices (6 DSPs)
Delay Comp Long
Disk Cache 12 GIG (maybe I should lower this....)
DSP Cache is off

strawb 11-03-2011 03:51 PM

Re: Audio tracks stop playing back/outputs disable

same here. PT10 10.7.2 HD3.

you have to either restart PT or reassign to the same output again to get sound. and it's only after an audio import. hopefully this can be fixed ASAP.

rtcstudio 11-04-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawb (Post 1860058)
same here.

and it's only after an audio import. hopefully this can be fixed ASAP.

It actually happens after importing session data as well, if any of the tracks include an audio file.

audiobob 11-04-2011 01:06 PM

I just had this yesterday and today on 9.0.3. I'm working away and then no audio from a track. Levels are there but no sound. :confused:

SmokinBaldMonkey 11-06-2011 08:37 PM

YES, getting this like crazy. At least three times a day on multiple sessions for no particular reason I can discern.

Stopping, closing and reopening or relaunching the session seems to fix temporarily.

w.t.f.

I'm comping a vocal right now and after splicing in a phrase to my comp track, everything else in the session except the drums and box simply stopped making sound. All levels and meters functioning as if there is sound. Seriously.

mmmm....a thousand dollars....

soundeq 11-07-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinBaldMonkey (Post 1861967)

mmmm....a thousand dollars....

Yep, I'm having delay comp probs in 9.0.5 and really don't wanna fork out another $1k to "fix" something that may not be fixed. :mad::confused:

strawb 11-07-2011 07:49 AM

still happening every day. a big inconvenience. i notice that some of these bugs/threads get an answer from avid support and some (like this one) do not. what does it take to get an acknowledgement/fix from avid?

rtcstudio 11-07-2011 05:23 PM

Yeah, I would guess they are super busy, but would be cool to have a response.

Yes, I've tried to figure out most of the audio and session data that I want to import, and then do it all at once if possible so I can then resave as a new name and then restart Pro Tools so that all my outputs work again. It's just part of my working regimen right now.

MIKEROPHONICS 11-08-2011 02:01 AM

Do you have Revibe in your plugins?

chicken 11-08-2011 06:52 AM

Same here, happens regularly in pt 9.0.3.
I have no Revibe