Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   MIDI (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   help please !! can't get pro tools to see midi (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=148749)

martigon 10-10-2005 09:57 AM

help please !! can\'t get pro tools to see midi

Running PT 6.4 w/ 001 on OS X. I have everything connected properly but the MIDI setup window won't see my keyboard. Can anyone help ? Reason can't see it either.

MaLa 10-11-2005 04:55 AM

Re: help please !! can\'t get pro tools to see midi

If you can't choise your keyboard in ProTools and Reason the keyboard installation isn't correct.

Twinstream 10-11-2005 02:57 PM

How are your midi cables hooked up?

martigon 10-12-2005 08:09 AM

Alesis QS 6.1 MIDI out to 001 MIDI in. 001 MIDI out to Alesis MIDI in. I've tried switching the cables , messing with all the settings in my keyboard, etc. I know my keyboard is outputting. I never needed to "install" the keyboard before. I was using the whole same system before w/ a PC and never had a problem. I love the mac system sooo much better, but can't get around this one problem.

Twinstream 10-12-2005 07:52 PM

Have you tried to manually add your device in the audio midi setup? Your keyboard is listed as a choice. You should also see the digi 001. Drag the in from digi arrow down to the keyboard out and repeat for other port.

martigon 10-14-2005 05:27 PM

I have tried manually added the Alesis but it doesn't help matters. The 001 does not appear in the MIDI setup either, and it is not even a choice to add it manually. I guess this is odd considering eveything else is working fine ( recording audio tracks, etc. )

Twinstream 10-14-2005 06:38 PM

Sounds like you dont have the digi midi plugin in your midi driver folder.

Look in drive/library/audio/mididrivers and see if you see DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin

You may have to reinstall the mididriver from your pt install disk in order for the digi001 to appear and then see the keys.

martigon 10-18-2005 11:47 AM

wow, never would have figured that out on my own. thanks for your help !! I cannot find this file, though. I have lost my ProTools 6.0 Disk and cannot find the file on my 5.1 disk. There is no way to search the 5.1 disk when I insert it. The only options are "install Pro Tools LE, install OMS, etc. etc. ) Also, cannot find the DigiDio file anywhere on Digidesign's web site. any ideas ?

Twinstream 10-18-2005 06:55 PM

PT 6.4 update is a download.....you can install it from there but you will need your authoriztion code in your 6.0 manual. Once downloaded the midi driver file is an option to install.

martigon 10-19-2005 11:54 AM

yes, I looked into that, but I cannot run PT 6.4 as I am only running OS 10.2.8 and PT 6.4 requires os 10.3