Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Unable To Locate Hardware...With Sandra Report please help... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298915)

Kind Dub 04-10-2011 03:42 PM

Unable To Locate Hardware...With Sandra Report please help...

Here's the run down...
Gear - MBox Mini 3, Pro Tools 8.04(cd that came with it)
I have downloaded and installed all updates as of April 8th, with no solution to the "Unable to located digidesign hardware" problem.

I was running Pro Tools for about four months with no problems(other than a midi issue that was a quick fix) until I moved my computer about two weeks ago, and since then I have been unable to fix the problem.

I literally have tried everything, and i searched theses forums and read for days before i joined to try and get help.

All drivers have been updated, I have reinstalled/modified/uninstalled pro tools so many times my head is spinning. Please help
Thanks

SiSoftware Sandra

Computer
Model : Gateway GT5432
Workgroup : WORKGROUP
Host Name : PC
User : Administrator

Processor
Model : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
Speed : 2.61GHz
Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
Type : Dual-Core
Integrated Data Cache : 2x 64kB, Synchronous, Write-Back, 2-way, Exclusive, 64 byte line size
L2 On-board Cache : 2x 512kB, ECC, Synchronous, Write-Back, 16-way, Exclusive, 64 byte line size

Computer
Platform Compliance : AMD LIVE!
Mainboard : ELITEGROUP MCP61PM-AM
BIOS : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 02/15/2007
Bus(es) : ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
Multi-Processor (MP) Support : No
Multi-Processor Advanced PIC (APIC) : Yes
Total Memory : 1.88GB DIMM DDR2

Chipset
Model : AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron HT Hub
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 1GHz (2GHz)
Total Memory : 2GB DIMM DDR2
Channels : 2
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 373MHz (746MHz)

Memory Module(s)
Memory Module : Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 1GB DIMM DDR2 PC2-6400U DDR2-800 (5-5-5-18 3-22-6-3)
Memory Module : Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 1GB DIMM DDR2 PC2-6400U DDR2-800 (5-5-5-18 3-22-6-3)

Video System
Video Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (SM4.0, 128MB 128-bit, Integrated Graphics)

Graphics Processor

Storage Devices
Seagate ST3320820AS (320GB, SATA, 3.5") : 298GB (C:) (D:)
WD Ext HDD 1021 1.5TB (USB) : 1TB (F:)
Generic USB SD Reader (USB) : N/A (G:)
Generic USB CF Reader (USB) : N/A (H:)
Generic USB SM Reader (USB) : N/A (I:)
Generic USB MS Reader (USB) : N/A (J:)
WD 6400BEV External 640.1GB (USB) : 596GB (K:)
ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P (ATA66, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache) : 7GB (E:)

Logical Storage Devices
Recovery (D:) : 10GB (NTFS) @ Seagate ST3320820AS (320GB, SATA, 3.5")
Hard Disk (C:) : 288GB (NTFS) @ Seagate ST3320820AS (320GB, SATA, 3.5")
Pro Tools LE (E:) : 7GB (CDFS) @ ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P (ATA66, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache)
Elements (F:) : 1TB (NTFS) @ WD Ext HDD 1021 1.5TB (USB)
Removable Drive (G:) : N/A @ Generic USB SD Reader (USB)
Removable Drive (H:) : N/A @ Generic USB CF Reader (USB)
Removable Drive (I:) : N/A @ Generic USB SM Reader (USB)
Removable Drive (J:) : N/A @ Generic USB MS Reader (USB)
Elements (K:) : 596GB (NTFS) @ WD 6400BEV External 640.1GB (USB)

Peripherals
LPC Hub Controller 1 : ECS MCP61 LPC Bridge
LPC Legacy Controller 1 : ITE IT8726F
Audio Device : ECS MCP61 High Definition Audio
Audio Codec : Realtek Semi 888 High Definition Audio
Serial Port(s) : 2
Parallel Port(s) : 1
Disk Controller : ECS MCP61 IDE
Disk Controller : ECS MCP61 SATA Controller
Disk Controller : ECS MCP61 SATA Controller
USB Controller 1 : ECS MCP61 USB Controller
USB Controller 2 : ECS MCP61 USB Controller
FireWire/1394 Controller 1 : ECS TSB43AB23 1394a-2000 OHCI PHY/link-layer Controller
SMBus/i2c Controller 1 : nVidia MCP5+ SMBus 1
SMBus/i2c Controller 2 : nVidia MCP5+ SMBus 2

Printers and Faxes
Printer : Microsoft XPS Document Writer (600x600, Colour)
Printer : Lexmark 2500 Series (4800x4800, USB, Colour)

Peripherals
Media Player : ()

Network Services
Network Adapter : Generic Marvell Yukon Chipset based Ethernet Controller (Ethernet, 100Mbps)

Power Management
Mains (AC) Line Status : On-Line

Operating System
Windows System : Microsoft Windows Vista Home 6.00.6001 (Service Pack 1)
Platform Compliance : x86

albee1952 04-10-2011 06:05 PM

Re: Unable To Locate Hardware...With Sandra Report please help...

Once again, integrated graphics MIGHT be a deal breaker(but I'm not the last word on that). Just because a non-approved system works for a while, doesn't mean its good to go. USB drives are not supported for recording with Vista(Windows 7 is okay from what I read). Since the rig worked until you moved it, that suggests hardware. First thing I would do is open the case and reseat every card and cable. Then I would make certain that every USB device is in the exact same port it was BEFORE the rig got moved(drivers get installed only for one port, so moving a device will require a driver re-install. Sometimes that happens automatically, and sometimes it doesn't). Also try a new USB cable on the Mbox. If none of that works, I would run the uninstall utility on the install disk(with the Mbox disconnected), reboot and run the install like its a new setup(follow the install directions to the letter). This should have no affect on sessions or 3rd party plugins.

Kind Dub 04-10-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 1780754)
Once again, integrated graphics MIGHT be a deal breaker(but I'm not the last word on that). Just because a non-approved system works for a while, doesn't mean its good to go. USB drives are not supported for recording with Vista(Windows 7 is okay from what I read). Since the rig worked until you moved it, that suggests hardware. First thing I would do is open the case and reseat every card and cable. Then I would make certain that every USB device is in the exact same port it was BEFORE the rig got moved(drivers get installed only for one port, so moving a device will require a driver re-install. Sometimes that happens automatically, and sometimes it doesn't). Also try a new USB cable on the Mbox. If none of that works, I would run the uninstall utility on the install disk(with the Mbox disconnected), reboot and run the install like its a new setup(follow the install directions to the letter). This should have no affect on sessions or 3rd party plugins.

Albee, Thanks for the quick response. No lie everything you said has been tried. I have literally (no exaggerating) uninstalled/reinstalled/modified from every single USB port multiple times. Vista does actually recognize the Mbox and will install the drivers to use it(play music) automatically, when not installed by pro tools.

*Just as a note i installed pro tools on my laptop (Windows 7) after i started having problems and it actually worked for a few sessions, but then ran into the familiar problem. Since then I haven't been able to work and its driving me crazy.

I contacted (over a week ago) a local repair center that was on Avid's website but have not received any response. Is there a specific Avid administrator of this forum who could directly address my problem and tell me where to send it.

Thank you,
Kind Dub

Kind Dub 04-11-2011 04:46 PM

Bounce