Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Managing sofkey pages? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=370907)

K_BCN 08-17-2015 09:25 AM

Managing sofkey pages?

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum. I am a composer/sound designer using an Artist Control with Cubase and Windows 8.1.

I havent found any info on the manual about how to manage pages containing sof keys. I mean things like grouping softkeys by family, coloring more than one softkey at once, copying a softkey from a page to another one (tried CTRL+C on the Eucon settings but this is just working for text?), things like that that.

Can anybody throw some light here please?

Thanks!

ALSTUDIOS 08-18-2015 05:32 AM

Re: Managing sofkey pages?

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_BCN (Post 2285289)
I mean things like grouping softkeys by family, coloring more than one softkey at once, copying a softkey from a page to another one

Hi
Indeed, there's nothing at all to help you in this regard.

There was once a third party SW announced to help the users a little bit more to manage the programming of the Artist Control screen - but - I don't know the actual status of it.

I just propose you to think first before you program it.
Or you just do it like me - generic;)

Cheers

Artist PM 08-18-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_BCN (Post 2285289)
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum. I am a composer/sound designer using an Artist Control with Cubase and Windows 8.1.

I havent found any info on the manual about how to manage pages containing sof keys. I mean things like grouping softkeys by family, coloring more than one softkey at once, copying a softkey from a page to another one (tried CTRL+C on the Eucon settings but this is just working for text?), things like that that.

Can anybody throw some light here please?

Thanks!

Cut/Copy/Paste softkeys and pages of softkeys has been on our backlog for some time.

Softkey management is exactly the kind of feature epic we'd look for to get critical mass on Ideascale.

JC

K_BCN 08-18-2015 08:55 AM

Hey JC,

So if i get it right you use ideascale to prioritize features no? This means that the next thing you are doing is "Custom Plug-in Mapping on Euphonix Artist Series", with 120 votes then i found a similar request "Move buttons on the touch screen" with 6 votes on page 3 or so.

So this basically means this feature is not going to be in there anytime soon (well, not unless i can get 113 votes).

Am i correct?

Artist PM 08-18-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_BCN (Post 2285639)
Hey JC,

So if i get it right you use ideascale to prioritize features no? This means that the next thing you are doing is "Custom Plug-in Mapping on Euphonix Artist Series", with 120 votes then i found a similar request "Move buttons on the touch screen" with 6 votes on page 3 or so.

So this basically means this feature is not going to be in there anytime soon (well, not unless i can get 113 votes).

Am i correct?

We are increasing our bandwidth to be more inclusive of Ideascale features. We won't always get the highest rated features in
- in stack ranked order -
because there are uncertainties in software development, and EUCON is responsible for connectivity between a large portfolio of software and hardware.

For example, if we are choosing between Custom Plug In Mapping (comparatively high effort) and Export XML to Folder (comparatively low effort) and we have hard constraints on what we are responsible to deliver to the broader portfolio in that period of time, we may choose the easier feature.

Going forward we will explain our rationale for what we can implement when, and what the trade-offs were here on the forums.
Because we are publicly traded we can't tell you what we are going to do in advance, but we can tell you after the fact why we chose a direction over another during a certain period of time.

Ideascale voting is great for quantitatively validating things that come up here on the forums, and for Avid PM and development to demonstrate progress.

JC

K_BCN 08-19-2015 03:35 AM

Thanks for the detailed answer JC.

IŽll register and vote for the feature on Ideascale then, even though my expectations are a bit low, specially after reading some more posts on this forum. IŽll just say that the Artist Control is sold basically by the touchscreen and the ability to create custom menus with the softkeys and buttons so this is a quite reasonable request, specially if its a "comparatively low effort" one. :)

Thanks again!

robertg 09-01-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artist PM (Post 2285631)
Cut/Copy/Paste softkeys and pages of softkeys has been on our backlog for some time.

Softkey management is exactly the kind of feature epic we'd look for to get critical mass on Ideascale.

JC

Here's a radical idea, why don't you JUST DO IT!

Quite obviously, two very highly requested features are better soft-key management, and linear knobs. Knock those out in a few months, then come back and see what people think.

Why not.