Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Eucon features for Euphonix and not for Icon (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=312930)

deardaddy 12-01-2011 11:48 PM

New Eucon features for Euphonix and not for Icon

Hi all,

I just watched the new video about the PT10 Eucon features for Euphonix consoles, I just wonder if I made to good choice one and a half years ago to buy a 24 faders D-command.
To be honest, I feel a bit let down by Avid for the moment ....

Sorry to bother you with some negatives thoughts but I wanted to share my feelings.

Have a nice day.

Pascal

Brent_Sydney 12-02-2011 02:13 AM

Re: New Eucon features for Euphonix and not for Icon

Same, I recently blogged about how channel strip isnt icon optimised with its mapping, but more importantly:

CF Plugin Maps has been minorly broken since 9.0 and still no fix - Avid PLEASE get plugin maps to stay enabled when you focus on another channel then return. Im so TIRED of hitting the "MAP" button...its getting worn out!!

Pete Gates 12-02-2011 04:31 AM

I think the D-Control is going to quietly fade away. The D-Command is a trickier one for them. Unless there's something in the wings they don't have anything at that price point in the Euphonix range, even the the System 5MC is quite a bit more expensive, let alone S5 Fusion or System 5. You do get the sense that the ICON is the forgotten stepchild now though, no major new features for quite a while.

Pete

Stig Eliassen 12-02-2011 07:36 AM

It is a concern for sure.

mixboy bob 12-02-2011 02:40 PM

I was about to do a 24 chan D-comm with my HDX upgrade, but have decided on a 32 channel Artist setup in hopes that in the next 12-18 months there is a Sys 5-MC JR. to fit that void in the middle.

Eucon is clearly the future, and the Artist series continues to improve, and should be a fine upgrade for the interim from my trusty old ProControl.

peace

Rob Burrell
aka mixboy

deardaddy 12-02-2011 03:32 PM

I can't (or don't want to) imagine Avid would let the Icon consoles fade away ....
If they don't "implement" Eucon in the consoles, wouldn't it be the least to have some kind of a "small" Eucon control panel which you could put on your Icon ?

Craig F 12-02-2011 03:47 PM

I sure it will happen but they need to get the curent stuff working before adding this wrinkle

FilterDecay 12-03-2011 10:40 AM

I hope you are right craig. I have been waiting to buy a d-command for my personal setup and I really dont want to spend that much to have it go obsolete on me. I still have a slight twitch from hd10.

deardaddy 12-03-2011 02:01 PM

I bought a D-command less than 2 years ago and I hope I made the good choice for the future ....

remotedude 12-03-2011 03:55 PM

I've been told (and believe) by an AVID insider that D-Control and Pro Tools will remain the most integrated solution. EUCON is being designed to work with not only PT but other platforms. Since many of the D-Control features still are not found on the Euphonix surfaces or in EUCON I don't think anyone who has chosen the ICON solution will be disappointed.