Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Interfaces (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   No midi drums to liquid safire 56 (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=336425)

bobbyrichards 03-27-2013 11:45 AM

No midi drums to liquid safire 56

I am running pro tools 10, i have a roland TD15 edrum set and a liquid safire 56 interface, mac pro tower. Yesterday i was recording a drum track and when i went back to record over it the first take kept playing and would not let me record over the first take??? Today i turn on my system and i have no midi in on the interface front panel light ???

Please help !!!!!!!!!

YYR123 03-27-2013 11:53 AM

Re: No midi drums to liquid safire 56

I have your same set up except I'm running alesis drums I will USB interface into the tower To record my midi track

But then I also audio output into my focus right Sapphire 56 to record the audio track

That way I have midi available for editing but I also have zero latency mix to feed the headphones to the other musicians

YYR123 03-27-2013 11:55 AM

I said all that to say this doublecheck your midi connections midi through (in PT)
your instrument channel the controller that it set to on the instrument channel section also

bobbyrichards 03-27-2013 12:05 PM

Yes i am too running an instrument track and then audio tracks for the actual edrums but i can not get my midi in light to come on, on the front of the 56????? Been stuck like this for 2 days now, i don't know what to do.

bobbyrichards 03-27-2013 12:21 PM

I even just changed my midi cable from the edrums to the tower. NOTHING :(

bobbyrichards 03-27-2013 12:21 PM

It has got to be something in my setting i am missing?????

YYR123 03-27-2013 12:22 PM

Like I said I don't own the Rowland but you might want to check and make sure that the settings are outputting or set up to output MIDI data

bobbyrichards 03-27-2013 01:00 PM

Where is the output midi data?????

YYR123 03-27-2013 01:05 PM

In your Roland - make sure it didn't get changed - some units will have to toggle on the output to midi

I had a keyboard that let me toggle the midi data from the USB or the midi out

- and for what it's worth I would
Recommend running USB straight to the computer to capture all of that midi data - there should be no reason to run it to the 56 then back to the computer via FW

Like instated earlier I do the same setup with the same interface but I run Out of the drum controller straight to the computer via USB

One thing you might try is to set up a standalone app maybe a drum program or standalone something native instruments where you can control midi outside of ProTools and get that working and then go back into pro tools and try it again

albee1952 03-27-2013 05:29 PM

Did you set up the Roland as a midi instrument in Pro Tools>Setup>Midi>Midi Studio?