Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   re re wire (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=325844)

2224 07-22-2012 11:06 PM

re re wire

I am trying to rewire waves tune in pro tools 9 but can't find rewire anywhere in pro tools.
Can anyone help with this please??

:o

daeron80 07-23-2012 07:46 AM

Re: re re wire

I never figured that out, either. I just use it as an Audiosuite plug-in, which works great. It would be nice to be able to audition the changes in context prior to printing them, but it's not the end of the world to undo, tweak, and try again.

dave911 07-23-2012 08:23 AM

There is a rewire for the Waves Tune plugin that you have to insert in a Aux track to use the plug real-time.
Can't recall where it is maynbe listed as a multi-mono
It will still need to do a scan pass.

paulreed 07-23-2012 10:05 AM

I have not used it in quite a while, but recall needing to plug the waves rewire plug in front of the tune plug to make it work.

daeron80 07-23-2012 11:04 AM

Thanks for the pointers. What you do is:
  1. Find Waves ReWire in the Instrument list. :eek: :shrug:
  2. Instanciate it on an otherwise unused Aux track. :eek: :shrug:
  3. Place Waves Tune on the track you want to tune and open it.
  4. Do all your tuning work.
  5. Print the result to a new track.
  6. Copy that back to your original track.
If you want to hear it all through the plug-ins you had on the track you're tuning, you'll probably want to move them to the track you're going to record to and put it in record monitor. It's all very awkward. Apparently, PT is the only DAW that makes it so convoluted. Other DAWs make all that happen in the background for you. Maybe the next major version of PT will, too? If AVID survive long enough to give us one.

YYR123 07-25-2012 11:19 AM

So i have a question about re-wire .......not exactely about waves.

So i opened a session i made with i was using PT7 and i had re-wired Reason into PT ....Well i love the bass sound in Subtractor and I wanted to reuse it.....Do i have to install a rewire program then install Reason>>>>?????

Did i just make sense....??? What i mean to ask isRe-wire already in PT???? I used it on PT7 but haven't messed with it since....I know some other people use VEpro and other programs for that but doesn't Re-Wire come with PT/???? and if so where the heck it it...????

Thanks.

Dism 07-25-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 1951991)
So i have a question about re-wire .......not exactely about waves.

So i opened a session i made with i was using PT7 and i had re-wired Reason into PT ....Well i love the bass sound in Subtractor and I wanted to reuse it.....Do i have to install a rewire program then install Reason>>>>?????

Did i just make sense....??? What i mean to ask isRe-wire already in PT???? I used it on PT7 but haven't messed with it since....I know some other people use VEpro and other programs for that but doesn't Re-Wire come with PT/???? and if so where the heck it it...????

Thanks.

I'm sorry, were you asking a question? I'm not sure you used enough question marks. ;)

ReWire does indeed come with Pro Tools.

daeron80 07-25-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 1951991)
doesn't Re-Wire come with PT/???? and if so where the heck it it...????

Best thing to do is open the old session in your current version of PT. Everything should load just as it did in 7.x. If it doesn't, something may not be installed right. To load a new instance of Reason, simply place the Reason instrument plug-in on a track, and Reason will launch and play back through that track using ReWire.

Dism 07-25-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daeron80 (Post 1952050)
Best thing to do is open the old session in your current version of PT. Everything should load just as it did in 7.x. If it doesn't, something may not be installed right. To load a new instance of Reason, simply place the Reason instrument plug-in on a track, and Reason will launch and play back through that track using ReWire.

Right. The first thing people tend to do is over-think it and look for ReWire itself.

When ReWire is working properly... you only need to look for the application you're trying to use. If Reason shows up as an Instrument in Pro Tools, then ReWire is working.

TOM@METRO 07-25-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dism (Post 1952053)
. If Reason shows up as an Instrument in Pro Tools, then ReWire is working.

Or at least present. ;)