Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Error commuicating with digishoetool - please help (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=315668)

heiner 01-16-2012 10:28 AM

Error commuicating with digishoetool - please help

Im having this error: problem to communicate with digishoetool -9169.
it suggests a new install

i did a clean uninstall of pro tools 9.05
i did reinstall pt 9 , this worked. updated to pt 906 - same error again. it only happens at second start. on first start i dont get into the open session dialog and pro tools hangs. pt 9.0 worked on second start too

i did update from 1064 on 1068 and now to pro tools 10, there is the same error again

(system: macpro)

mpeg5 02-01-2012 02:12 PM

Re: Error commuicating with digishoetool - please help

Same here. I installed the update to 10.0.1 and my system is unusable.
De and reinstalled 3 times now... same [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep].

Have too many problems with Pro Tools software in the last weeks... i really think to jump on new software that works and costs less... sorry AVID, you fail too often in the last months.

PaulV 02-01-2012 03:25 PM

Hi there,

Sorry you're having trouble with this. One thing that can cause this error is improper permissions in certain folders.

Give this a try, from the Finder:
  1. Navigate to /Library/Application Support, and find the Avid folder.
  2. Right click on the Avid folder and choose Get Info.
  3. Expand the Sharing and Permissions triangle, and click on the lock in the lower right corner (entering password as needed)
  4. Make sure all permissions in the list are set to "Read and Write"
  5. Click the gear and do "apply to enclosed items" and hit OK

I hope that helps.

philip888 02-18-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulV (Post 1896830)
Hi there,

Sorry you're having trouble with this. One thing that can cause this error is improper permissions in certain folders.

Give this a try, from the Finder:
  1. Navigate to /Library/Application Support, and find the Avid folder.
  2. Right click on the Avid folder and choose Get Info.
  3. Expand the Sharing and Permissions triangle, and click on the lock in the lower right corner (entering password as needed)
  4. Make sure all permissions in the list are set to "Read and Write"
  5. Click the gear and do "apply to enclosed items" and hit OK

I hope that helps.

This changed nothing any other ideas?

bobbyjanesounds 06-28-2012 10:05 PM

I had the same problem. I figured it out.

Go to /Library/Application Support/ Avid folder / Pro Tools folder

You should then see in the Pro tools folder - the DigiShoeTool

Right click - Get info

Change Sharing/Permission settings to read and write (may need to unlock it first)

Once changed all to read and write lock it and close

Thats it - it worked for me, no problems.

Hope this helps

filmcomposer 10-07-2012 07:24 PM

Paul,
Mac dual quad 3ghz 4mb ram Late 2008 MAC desktop 10.6.8 PT LE 8.0.5 all was working fine until I installed KOMPLETE 8 had KOMPLETE 7 no prob but K- 8 I too have the digi shoe tool error. Every time I restart computer and reboot PT I get the error. Recently I did not have to reset the permissions probably because I used Tech Tool on the drive to fix permissions. PT works after I trash the prefs but I still have to do it every time....is there a fix for this? I just trashed all the native instruments plists....help, I have to do BS work everytime before I start working and I'm afraid that when I start it and go through this ritual it may not work... BTW, I am a working composer and need to be able to work!
Thanks, Steve

filmcomposer 10-18-2012 12:20 PM

Paul,
Mac dual quad 3ghz 4mb ram Late 2008 MAC desktop 10.6.8 PT LE 8.0.5 all was working fine until I installed KOMPLETE 8 had KOMPLETE 7 no prob but K- 8 I too have the digi shoe tool error. Every time I restart computer and reboot PT I get the error. Recently I did not have to reset the permissions probably because I used Tech Tool on the drive to fix permissions. PT works after I trash the prefs but I still have to do it every time....is there a fix for this? I just trashed all the native instruments plists....help, I have to do BS work everytime before I start working and I'm afraid that when I start it and go through this ritual it may not work... BTW, I am a working composer and need to be able to work!
Thanks, Steve

waynekhin 10-15-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyjanesounds (Post 1944280)

Right click - Get info

Change Sharing/Permission settings to read and write (may need to unlock it first)

Thats it - it worked for me,

Thank you, I had similar problem after installing the AAX plugins for AIR Instruments. It seems to work now.

Helge Krabye 11-10-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyjanesounds (Post 1944280)
I had the same problem. I figured it out.

Right click - Get info

Thats it - it worked for me, no problems.

Hope this helps

Thanks for sharing this! It seems to have solved my problem (which I got after installing the Native Instruments AAX update). It's quite disappointing that Avid didn't share this important info in their support area, as we are many with this problem.

bernsense 12-11-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynekhin (Post 2092890)
Thank you, I had similar problem after installing the AAX plugins for AIR Instruments. It seems to work now.

It does seem to have something to do with the AIR instruments. Installed them today, and all of a sudden, that permissions error comes up in PT 10