Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New website, but still BETA!!?? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=270922)

pianosound 04-03-2010 07:32 PM

New website, but still BETA!!??

Its been sooooo long since we've heard anything from (AVID???),,, A new website sounds,,,,,,, great????? It just seems to me that fixing the store front, without haveing a finished product to sell, is,,,,, well,, a little sdrowkcab, (excuse me, I meant it to be read the other way, ((backwards))?!! Not that I've had any major probs lately, but the little ones are kinda annoying, and looking at all the other threads for the last year or so, make me wonder if being part of a larger company is not helping with costomer service, or product design?? More like falling behind, as has been mentioned for a long time now on the DUC!! (AUC???),,,,,,,,,,

Mike

GeneOuse 04-04-2010 12:56 AM

Re: New website, but still BETA!!??

What I'm really hoping is that all this lacking behind time (years) was to write this awesome new 64-bit protools soft that's the same for all current and future hardware (no LE/HD nonsense) and has all the features requested and more and is bug free and outperforms all other DAWs. But wait, who am I kiddin, knowing Avid this will never happen :D!

sw rec 04-04-2010 03:56 PM

Current hardware yes, but how are you proposing they write software for hardware that doesn't exist yet???

yarrick19 04-05-2010 10:13 PM

You're assuming their web developers also do software development for Pro Tools... most likely these are two very different roles in their company.

pianosound 04-05-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarrick19 (Post 1586519)
You're assuming their web developers also do software development for Pro Tools... most likely these are two very different roles in their company.

And this would of course be a fact, but with money so tight, I would rather see some investment in product, rather than the looks of a web site that works fine!!???

Mike

TOM@METRO 04-06-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianosound (Post 1586540)
And this would of course be a fact, but with money so tight, I would rather see some investment in product, rather than the looks of a web site that works fine!!???

Mike

+1

DJ Hellfire 04-06-2010 05:48 AM

You spelled "backwards" wrong backwards!:D

Table Syrup Records 04-06-2010 07:15 AM

I highly doubt there is any LACK of money being spent.

:)

scadh 04-06-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarrick19 (Post 1586519)

Indeed they are. The redesign of Avid.com was done by a well-known advertising agency in Kansas City. I work there, but for a different client. I have been begging around with the guys on the Avid account to let me pitch in in some way, but no luck as yet! And of course, all the free swag we were given when we got the account has long since made it's way to their houses... :)

cessnapilot 04-06-2010 11:11 AM

New look website = cheap = investor-friendly way to show that "we're doing something" so they can take the time to figure out how to do as little as possible with as little money as possible and still survive.