Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   "Bus error" in thread "MainThread" at address 0x0 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=235592)

Tronic 01-05-2009 01:48 AM

"Bus error" in thread "MainThread" at address 0x0

Hi whats up? i have searched and cannot find out how to alleviate this problem if anyone has any ideas i would really appreciate it...

thanks

RussUK 01-05-2009 02:44 AM

Re: "Bus error" in thread "MainThread" at address 0x0

You will need to post at least machine spec, OS version, software version and audio interface before DTS can even start to answer your question. It will also help if you say in what circumstance this occurs? Cheers.

Tronic 01-05-2009 02:58 AM

sorry about that thought it would come up on my profile...ok lets see

well whenever i try to open pt 8 either from the dock of my mac or click on my ptf file...

i have a macbook pro 2.33 ghz
2 gb ram
digi 003
digimax fs thru adat
leopard 10.5.5
pro tools 8

RussUK 01-05-2009 03:06 AM

Have you tried running the uninstaller from the PT8 install disc, doing a full uninstall (don't worry your plugins are safe). Then trash your preferences and all Digidesign Databases on all attached drives. Then do a re-install. To be safe make sure nothing else is running when you install.

Felix Rost 01-05-2009 04:51 AM

there were occurances of
"Bus Error" in thread "Main Thread"
in v7.3.1, all was very random.
It was fixed (for me at least) with v7.4

sorry if that is of no big help.

DigiTechSupt 01-05-2009 10:17 AM

Can you give us any more specifics? You're saying this occurs right at launch? Have you verified all installed plug-ins are compatible? What type of drive are you using for recording/playback? Do you have any other peripherals attached? Have you tried any of the steps from the General Troubleshooting thread?

Tronic 01-06-2009 10:01 AM

thank you guys all for your input i couldn't find any other resolve so i had to reinstall pro tools...that didn't work so i reinstalled leopard got the combo update to 10.5.5 then reinstalled pro tools now i seem to be doing just fine...thanks again for the help

hecklerhouse 01-09-2009 01:14 PM

Im having the same error... but random times. I have been running 8 for a good week straight with no issues, until today. seems to happen at random times. To this point, has only happened in one session. Im working and working and all of a sudden the error appears and then protools quits. im running reason via rewire in the session. no plug ins running, just audio tracks and reason on an aux track. reason then freezes once pt quits.

protools 8 LE
003 w/ rosetta 800
osx10.5.6
mac pro 2*3.2 quad
6 gb 800 mhz

Thanks!

DigiTechSupt 01-09-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hecklerhouse (Post 1332530)
Im having the same error... but random times. I have been running 8 for a good week straight with no issues, until today. seems to happen at random times. To this point, has only happened in one session. Im working and working and all of a sudden the error appears and then protools quits. im running reason via rewire in the session. no plug ins running, just audio tracks and reason on an aux track. reason then freezes once pt quits.

protools 8 LE
003 w/ rosetta 800
osx10.5.6
mac pro 2*3.2 quad
6 gb 800 mhz

Thanks!

Can you give us any more specifics? What are you doing when this occurs? Have you verified all installed plug-ins are compatible? What type of drive are you using for recording/playback? Do you have any other peripherals attached? Have you tried any of the steps from the General Troubleshooting thread?

hecklerhouse 01-09-2009 02:54 PM

Im not doing anything in particular! Playing patches, recording, editing, chopping. I have noticed that it tends to happen when I am in the motion of zooming in (Option - scroll on the mouse)... maybe it could have something to do with the shortcut? i dont know. All plug-ins are compatible. Im recording/playback to from glyph gt050q firewire 800. only the 003 and rosetta is my clock source, session 48/24. I am running an MPC2500 slaved to pt MTC from digiport 2. Its only been since last night, and as im aware this problem is only happening in this one session. I have opened and messed with other sessions, havnt had an issue.
Thank you so much! please let me know if you want to know more.