Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Logic Smart Controls and Avid Dock (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414339)

joeshepard 03-04-2021 04:33 PM

Logic Smart Controls and Avid Dock

Has anyone found a way to use the Dock/Avid Control to access Logic Smart Controls?

Thanks,

Joe

EddieJones 03-05-2021 08:52 AM

Re: Logic Smart Controls and Avid Dock

Are these knob controls? As well as the 5 normal and 5 shifted function buttons(EQ/DYN/PAN etc.) there are more if you press and hold these buttons, the LED will flash after you have held it long enough. They could be in those.

simcc 11-14-2022 06:40 PM

Hi, has anyone found out if this is possible with the S1?

For example on an X-touch (and presumably most Mackie Controls?) you press Shift+INST, and that gets you to smart controls, which you can then flip onto the faders. Nice.

I tried holding down buttons on the Artist Mix...did nothing.

mattrixx 11-14-2022 10:24 PM

Yeah, it's a bit of a strange one.
You can move the smart knobs in logic and Eucon will recognise the change in realtime, however even, while editing the value of an insert for example with the Smart Controls open on Logic, they won't respond to the plugin being changed by Eucon, even though the plugin itself is.
Hope that makes sense.

simcc 11-15-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrixx (Post 2653304)
Yeah, it's a bit of a strange one.
You can move the smart knobs in logic and Eucon will recognise the change in realtime, however even, while editing the value of an insert for example with the Smart Controls open on Logic, they won't respond to the plugin being changed by Eucon, even though the plugin itself is.
Hope that makes sense.

Ha, I know exactly what you're talking about actually...yeah I've noticed that, it is odd.

But what I'm asking is, can you control the smart controls directly from the S1? As you can with a Mackie Control (X-touch)...

I just bought the X-touch for this purpose, and while it works great, the faders are very jittery compared to the Artist Mix...half thinking of returning it and upgrade to a S1.

mattrixx 11-15-2022 02:05 PM

I don't have an S1. I have an S3 and you cannot, so I suspect it would be the same with the S1.
I'll take a closer look later this morning, to see if there's an alternate method.

EddieJones 11-15-2022 02:27 PM

This would have to be implemented by Apple. Ask on their forums, that sometimes ad stuff.

mattrixx 11-15-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2653364)
This would have to be implemented by Apple. Ask on their forums, that sometimes ad stuff.

Absolutely!! The more people that do, the more likely it can happen.
Also ask on the LogicProHelp forum. Can usually rally a fair bit of support there, where others will also send Apple feature requests.

simcc 11-15-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrixx (Post 2653356)
I don't have an S1. I have an S3 and you cannot, so I suspect it would be the same with the S1.
I'll take a closer look later this morning, to see if there's an alternate method.

OK thanks. If you get a chance to check that out, would appreciate it!

Try the modes Eddie mentioned "Are these knob controls? As well as the 5 normal and 5 shifted function buttons(EQ/DYN/PAN etc.) there are more if you press and hold these buttons, the LED will flash after you have held it long enough. They could be in those."