Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   back to 8.0.1 and waves 6 and all is sweet again!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=263208)

crizdee 01-04-2010 12:00 PM

back to 8.0.1 and waves 6 and all is sweet again!!

Hi,

Gone back to 8.0.1 as my control 24 lost its modifier keys + qwerty functions.

gone back to Waves V6 due to loss of fine control when using the control surface rotary encoders.

Waves support have given me temp V6 tlc licenses for a month. i also have V7 on a separate ilok so i can still install and use the new V7 plugs wave rider/lo air etc.

Just a note if anyone is thinking of doing the same...
Had to install the V7 separate plugs first, then install V6 mercury bundle. as when you install any V7 plugs it removes all the v6 waveshells!! but they all work happily together now.

So all back as it should be for now:-) hoping for fixes soon

Chris

Jon_Atkinson 01-04-2010 12:23 PM

Re: back to 8.0.1 and waves 6 and all is sweet again!!

Does the fact that Waves have given you a month's worth of V6 mean that they're likely to be sorting this out in the forseeable?

crizdee 01-04-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_Atkinson (Post 1526336)
Does the fact that Waves have given you a month's worth of V6 mean that they're likely to be sorting this out in the forseeable?

Hi,

Its been logged for a fix
one month is the max length they can give me as temp licenses

Chris

c-tone 01-04-2010 10:41 PM

So, it is not possible to have both Waves V6 an V7 licenses for the same bundles at the same time, right?

I just want to test out Snow Leopard with PT8 without having to go through what you did to go back to Leopard if it isn't working well. I haven't upgraded to Waves V7 because I don't want to give up my V6 licenses yet.

crizdee 01-05-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-tone (Post 1526681)
So, it is not possible to have both Waves V6 an V7 licenses for the same bundles at the same time, right?

I just want to test out Snow Leopard with PT8 without having to go through what you did to go back to Leopard if it isn't working well. I haven't upgraded to Waves V7 because I don't want to give up my V6 licenses yet.

Hi,

You could possibly demo V7 plugs with snow leopard, might need a new ilok or maybe you have space on another ilok, but putting them on the same ilok will wipe over the v6 auths.

Chris

groovebrother 01-05-2010 04:14 PM

hi Crizdee, i will cvertainly do the same in a very short time.

Too many bugs while editing in thin mode automation lines.

The GUI response is just a catastrophia.

Avid is doing some big s*** these last days and yet, still nothing in our accounts after their "within a week" to get the update for 8.03

...very pro indeed