Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316863)

The Weed 06-26-2017 08:54 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Thanks Steve. If I had of taken the time to look at the Read Me, I wouldn't have needed to ask :o

Thanks again for such a useful app.

jeam25 06-28-2017 08:15 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Just installed and the option of installing from anywhere rocks man !

Thank you very much !

guitardom 06-29-2017 09:28 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeam25 (Post 2437998)
Just installed and the option of installing from anywhere rocks man !

Thank you very much !

It was one of those odd things I never spent time on, yet caused me the most grief support wise. Figured after the 10 years or better I have been supporting Trasher, I should probably get to it!! I have some pretty cool stuff in the works as well.

seriousfun 12-02-2017 09:43 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Thanks. I'm a long time Pro Tools very light user, with a first time install on my own PC and your app has already kept me from making feature requests to AVID.

abc1mce2 02-02-2018 07:27 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
I have enjoyed Trasher since I used it a few years ago. It's nice to see you still supporting it and how it has grown. Keep up the great work :-):-)

guitardom 02-11-2018 03:49 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
https://www.pro-tools-pc.us/category-s/1514.htm

Hint Hint my friends :D

Will add details later.

amagras 02-11-2018 04:02 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2474746)
https://www.pro-tools-pc.us/category-s/1514.htm

Hint Hint my friends :D

Will add details later.

Will get it as soon as I can, wish everybody here will do the same!

jeam25 02-11-2018 04:10 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Thanks steve thats an awesome app . Im gonna help you to spread the news and im gonna get it myself of course ! :-)

guitardom 02-11-2018 04:24 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
FYI,

There is some relevant information here from a post I did on the site.

jeam25 02-11-2018 04:26 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2474752)
FYI,

There is some relevant information here from a post I did on the site.

Wow i just tought to ask about mac os side and you just posted that !! Amazing !!

guitardom 02-12-2018 12:57 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeam25 (Post 2474753)
Wow i just tought to ask about mac os side and you just posted that !! Amazing !!

I finally decided to just go for it since I was doing a rewrite anyway of the program. It was a significant amount of more work, but got it going!! :cool:

jeam25 02-12-2018 12:59 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Good . Already bought it and telling others outside ! Excellent so far !

amagras 02-12-2018 01:39 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2474918)
I finally decided to just go for it since I was doing a rewrite anyway of the program. It was a significant amount of more work, but got it going!! :cool:

You deserve it, Trasher has made the life way easier for a lot of us

leftalive 02-12-2018 03:48 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Bought a copy the other day. Considering the years of headaches this app has saved me, it's more than worth the $5. Thanks mate.

Working fine on 12.4 too, fwiw. Just make sure to uncheck the boxes for things that don't exist (like clip effect presets).

guitardom 02-12-2018 08:19 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftalive (Post 2474958)
Bought a copy the other day. Considering the years of headaches this app has saved me, it's more than worth the $5. Thanks mate.

Working fine on 12.4 too, fwiw. Just make sure to uncheck the boxes for things that don't exist (like clip effect presets).

Just to add to that (as I am sure you know),

If you have something ticked such as Clip Effects Presets and try to backup or restore it, It will just tell you that the folder is not present. It will not cause any problems or stop other functions from working if they were ticked as well. ;)

I went back and forth on a lot of different ideas for warning windows and such. Its a tough one to approach!! I think the way I have it working is pretty solid and gives you the needed information. Up for any other ideas if you have them!

leftalive 02-12-2018 09:15 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2474996)
Just to add to that (as I am sure you know),

If you have something ticked such as Clip Effects Presets and try to backup or restore it, It will just tell you that the folder is not present. It will not cause any problems or stop other functions from working if they were ticked as well. ;)

I went back and forth on a lot of different ideas for warning windows and such. Its a tough one to approach!! I think the way I have it working is pretty solid and gives you the needed information. Up for any other ideas if you have them!

Ahh, cool - good to know. It seemed to freeze for a bit and become unresponsive when I had those boxes checked, but it did come back around. I guess it was just doing it's thing. Could even be system specific for all I know.

Anyhow, works fine. ;)

guitardom 02-12-2018 09:36 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftalive (Post 2475003)
Ahh, cool - good to know. It seemed to freeze for a bit and become unresponsive when I had those boxes checked, but it did come back around. I guess it was just doing it's thing. Could even be system specific for all I know.

Anyhow, works fine. ;)

I don’t have a progress bar working yet. So processes that take a long time like backing up plugin settings, which may take a minute +, the UI will appear to be inactive. The spinning wheel may appear as well. But as soon as it’s done, messages will pop up. There are details on it in the info tab. That is on my short list to fix.

guitardom 03-09-2018 09:54 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
So updates are done. Now includes a progress bar and buttons to tick/untick all. A bit of general code cleanup. The manual has also been rewritten and is actually usable! Both Mac and PC builds.

If you purchased previously, just drop me an email with the name/email you used to register and I will get you a link.

amagras 03-09-2018 10:32 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Finally got trasher 3, thanks! Looks and works great, I'm only missing "Backup TRASHER folders to any folder"

guitardom 03-10-2018 10:07 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2479382)
Finally got trasher 3, thanks! Looks and works great, I'm only missing "Backup TRASHER folders to any folder"

I was honestly never sure if anyone actually used that!! Just copy your TRASHER folder out of your Documents and paste it wherever you want to back it up to. I have some new ideas about handling this, I just have to wait till I have time to work on it. Getting this update done was on the top of my list, now I have a couple other things I need to get done.

amagras 03-10-2018 10:46 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2479449)
I was honestly never sure if anyone actually used that!! Just copy your TRASHER folder out of your Documents and paste it wherever you want to back it up to. I have some new ideas about handling this, I just have to wait till I have time to work on it. Getting this update done was on the top of my list, now I have a couple other things I need to get done.

I use it all the time to save my latest preferences, etc to one of my backup hard drives. Actually it is easier to just open the trasher backup folder and copy everything manually but an improved version will be appreciated. Something like saving the default source and destination addresses so you only have to press a button in the future.

Another idea is to make it remember the previously ticked options. Of course I'm lazy.

guitardom 03-15-2018 10:57 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2479456)
I use it all the time to save my latest preferences, etc to one of my backup hard drives. Actually it is easier to just open the trasher backup folder and copy everything manually but an improved version will be appreciated. Something like saving the default source and destination addresses so you only have to press a button in the future.

Another idea is to make it remember the previously ticked options. Of course I'm lazy.

Create a button to delete the preferences file for the application that deletes preference files :D

amagras 03-15-2018 01:18 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2480328)
Create a button to delete the preferences file for the application that deletes preference files :D

Sorry but I don't understand this :)
How is it related to the suggestion I made? Of course if my suggestions are too dumb feel free to ignore this.

guitardom 03-15-2018 08:03 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2480339)
Sorry but I don't understand this :)
How is it related to the suggestion I made? Of course if my suggestions are too dumb feel free to ignore this.

No, your suggestion was good. My joke was a bit odd and I guess one of those things that I may find funny as someone who writes programs, but other people may not get. It was my terrible sense of humor again!!! :o

amagras 03-15-2018 09:23 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2480375)
No, your suggestion was good. My joke was a bit odd and I guess one of those things that I may find funny as someone who writes programs, but other people may not get. It was my terrible sense of humor again!!! :o

Story of my life but with musicians [emoji23]


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com