Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316863)

guitardom 08-05-2013 03:14 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Updates posted for Trasher 10.5 and a new build for PT 11-10.3.6

Quite a few changes and recommend any users of 10.5 to update.

Information on the first post of this thread.

philip888 10-22-2013 07:30 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Download not working.

DigitalMetal 10-22-2013 07:32 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
All the links are working for me, try a different browser or computer, or right click and "save link as"

weezul 10-22-2013 09:05 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
"Could not find Trasher 11 folder"

I assume this is because my default documents location is an external hard drive?

guitardom 10-22-2013 04:16 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by weezul (Post 2094509)
"Could not find Trasher 11 folder"

I assume this is because my default documents location is an external hard drive?

I am guessing so. It is built to look for the Documents folder of the hard drive that the app is running on. So even if it is drive F: the app is running on, it is looking for the Documents folder of Drive F:

rivenbeef 11-04-2013 10:38 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
I am trying to do a new install of version 11 but it says "cannot find trasher 11 folder". Everything is being run from the desktop per instructions. Any ideas? Thank you.

guitardom 11-06-2013 04:25 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivenbeef (Post 2099025)
I am trying to do a new install of version 11 but it says "cannot find trasher 11 folder". Everything is being run from the desktop per instructions. Any ideas? Thank you.

Hello,

Only the .exe should be on your desktop. The Trasher folder should be in your Documents folder. The folder hierarchy in your Documents should be:
Documents>Trasher 11>App Files>Backups 10/11

If it is different from this, change it to this, or delete it all and run the installer from your desktop.

dannym 11-24-2013 09:00 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
I had the same issue (on Windows 7) with "TRASHER 11 folder not found". Finally fixed when I extracted the zip such that all the contents (i.e. top-level Data folder) ended up within a folder called TRASHER 11 on my desktop.

guitardom 11-24-2013 06:34 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannym (Post 2105339)
I had the same issue (on Windows 7) with "TRASHER 11 folder not found". Finally fixed when I extracted the zip such that all the contents (i.e. top-level Data folder) ended up within a folder called TRASHER 11 on my desktop.

If you run the installer from where you are (Trasher 11 folder on desktop) the installer will work fine. The problem comes from some extraction programs creating a Trasher 11 folder inside of ANOTHER Trasher 11 folder. I hope to work on this resolve when time permits.

davgrn 12-01-2013 03:22 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
My anti virus software says this is dangerous as well:confused:

guitardom 12-01-2013 03:39 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davgrn (Post 2107151)
My anti virus software says this is dangerous as well:confused:

Most antivirus will ping small .exe files as a virus as it does not know what it is.

BCnSTL 05-02-2014 01:28 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Win 8.1 Update 1
PT 11.1.3

I started getting "Could not initialize audio interface" messages when opening sessions that had been fine. Tried (nearly) everything. Was driving me NUTS.

I remembered seeing this utility mentioned in this forum. Downloaded, installed, trashed my prefs and *bingo* - sessions opened and played just fine.

THANK YOU!

I little bit of gratitude is coming your way via PayPal.

guitardom 05-03-2014 07:46 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BCnSTL (Post 2153740)
Win 8.1 Update 1
PT 11.1.3

I started getting "Could not initialize audio interface" messages when opening sessions that had been fine. Tried (nearly) everything. Was driving me NUTS.

I remembered seeing this utility mentioned in this forum. Downloaded, installed, trashed my prefs and *bingo* - sessions opened and played just fine.

THANK YOU!

I little bit of gratitude is coming your way via PayPal.

Thank you for the kind words and donation. Its all greatly appreciated!! :cool:

guitardom 11-11-2014 07:27 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Trasher has been updated.

philip888 02-15-2015 06:08 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2202394)
Trasher has been updated.

Is the latest version of Trasher ok to work with PT 11.3.1?

Thanks

guitardom 02-15-2015 06:23 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by philip888 (Post 2232981)
Is the latest version of Trasher ok to work with PT 11.3.1?

Thanks

My latest release works fine in 11.3.1

philip888 02-15-2015 08:39 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Great thank you.

guitardom 03-27-2015 06:45 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Trasher updated for 12. The previous build 8 of Trasher 11 will work for Pro Tools 12.

Trasher 12 contains a bit of code updates and a new Plugins section containing tools for Fxpansion (BFD) and Softube (Console 1) and Waves.

Trasher 12

maunaloa 04-13-2015 07:36 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
guitardom, the readme in Trasher 12 says (as I understand it), copy zipped file to desktop, extract to c:\
which should produce a file path c:\TRASHER 12\Data\TRASHER
only... it doesn't
The file path is c:\TRASHER 12\Data\TRASHER\App Files\...
The TRASHER 12 Installer file is in
c:\TRASHER 12\Data\
but regardless of where I extract, I get an error "can't find file".

Another readme says install in the Documents folder.
???

guitardom 04-13-2015 08:03 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maunaloa (Post 2253620)
guitardom, the readme in Trasher 12 says (as I understand it), copy zipped file to desktop, extract to c:\
which should produce a file path c:\TRASHER 12\Data\TRASHER
only... it doesn't
The file path is c:\TRASHER 12\Data\TRASHER\App Files\...
The TRASHER 12 Installer file is in
c:\TRASHER 12\Data\
but regardless of where I extract, I get an error "can't find file".

Another readme says install in the Documents folder.
???

The file path is correct, that was just an abbreviated. Your file path is correct.
Are you running the installer from the folder it extracted to and not moving it??

You can just drag the Trasher folder OUT of the Data folder and drop it in your documents. Then in the App files folder is an Exe folder. I prefer to right click the Exe and "pin to task bar" or "pin to start menu" and leave the Exe in the folder.

maunaloa 04-13-2015 11:34 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Thx for the quick reply. I had to leave on a trip, so when I get back to my rig I'll give it another try.

jeam25 10-28-2015 08:43 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Hi guitardom !

First of all thanks for you effort ..your app is wonderfull ive benn using it since PT10 and works great . :-) ! It s a time saver .

Im writing you because im having a strange PT10 behavior with tha last version of trasher ..ver 12.
I have PT 10 and 12 installed ( both lastest versions ) . Everytime after i trashed all preferences and databases from your app PT10 wont launch and gives a location read error while loading the plugins. Im shure whats happening but the workaround i found for this is to remove all the pt10 plugins from the Rtas and aax folder then launch PT10 and last add little by little the plugins back to their folder. Its the only way ...Protools 12 launch fine everytime .

Thanks for any help and tell me if you need any details or info to colaborate you on this ...

guitardom 10-28-2015 11:41 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeam25 (Post 2305904)
Hi guitardom !

First of all thanks for you effort ..your app is wonderfull ive benn using it since PT10 and works great . :-) ! It s a time saver .

Im writing you because im having a strange PT10 behavior with tha last version of trasher ..ver 12.
I have PT 10 and 12 installed ( both lastest versions ) . Everytime after i trashed all preferences and databases from your app PT10 wont launch and gives a location read error while loading the plugins. Im shure whats happening but the workaround i found for this is to remove all the pt10 plugins from the Rtas and aax folder then launch PT10 and last add little by little the plugins back to their folder. Its the only way ...Protools 12 launch fine everytime .

Thanks for any help and tell me if you need any details or info to colaborate you on this ...

Hey Jeam, thanks for the kind words. Are you restarting the machine after running it for 10?? I know there is an issue with 10 where it can run out of memory when launching. To many plugins will cause this and you sometimes have to do a force close and then relaunch PT a couple times before it will load all the plugins. Or you can pull out a bunch of your plugins, launch PT, close PT, drop in the other half of your plugins and launch it again.

jeam25 10-28-2015 02:29 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2305950)
Hey Jeam, thanks for the kind words. Are you restarting the machine after running it for 10?? I know there is an issue with 10 where it can run out of memory when launching. To many plugins will cause this and you sometimes have to do a force close and then relaunch PT a couple times before it will load all the plugins. Or you can pull out a bunch of your plugins, launch PT, close PT, drop in the other half of your plugins and launch it again.

Hi..

Well the restart ..? no i wasnt restarting after trashing pref. but im gonna try that . :-) . Ive never heard of the memory but launching PT10 and never experienced it before . It all strarted in the co install with PT 12 . But it good to know . For now im gonna try the restart after trashing and let you know .

Thanks again for your time :-)!

The Weed 10-28-2015 04:26 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
It's necessary to close Pro Tools, Trash Prefs, empty the Recycle Bin and then Reboot the computer. Those have been the instructions from Digidesign/Avid since I started using PT at v5.

Cheers,

jeam25 10-28-2015 04:40 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Wow.. i confess never did that LoL ...Thanks !! :-)

jeam25 10-28-2015 09:40 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Yeah ...having the same problem after following the instructions ..

1.Trashing preferences
2.Empty Recycle bin
3.Restarting PC

Same issue :( !

digi98 03-01-2016 10:44 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Any known risks in trying this with PT 12.4?

guitardom 03-01-2016 10:50 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by digi98 (Post 2339222)
Any known risks in trying this with PT 12.4?

Version 12 works fine in 12.4.


Edit:
Link problem fixed

philip888 03-01-2016 10:53 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by digi98 (Post 2339222)
Any known risks in trying this with PT 12.4?

I think there are risks in not using it. :-)

guitardom 03-01-2016 10:54 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by philip888 (Post 2339226)
I think there are risks in not using it. :-)

:eek:

:D

digi98 03-15-2016 02:45 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Very cool utility, avid should hire you or license the features! i've done the backups and used the show plugins which is helpful. Will take me a while to understand where and how saved plugin settings are stored to know what a restore will do.

guitardom 03-15-2016 11:26 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by digi98 (Post 2342269)
Very cool utility, avid should hire you or license the features! i've done the backups and used the show plugins which is helpful. Will take me a while to understand where and how saved plugin settings are stored to know what a restore will do.

Backing up the plugin settings just backs up the Pro Tools plugin settings folder to inside Trasher. If you have previously saved plugin setting folders in Trasher, it will merge the settings that are not present in the existing folder at the time of the save.

Restore just moves the plugin settings folder into the location that Pro Tools looks for it and again, it will merge settings that are in the backup but not in the current PT settings folder during restore. Its a pretty simple moving a folder to either inside of Trasher or moving it out of there and back into the proper PT location.

digi98 03-17-2016 06:47 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Thx!

teleguy2 04-06-2016 11:01 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Are you still open to answering questions about this?
I was reading the directions on your website and was a little confused about WHERE I should be putting the downloaded folder on my Windows 7 machine.

It said to put it in Libraries/Documents.
Do I put the entire folder "Trasher 12" in that location, THEN go into the
Trasher 12/Data/Trasher 12 Installer.exe and start the .exe?

Or should I be putting it somewhere else?

I looked on the webpage too but I wasn't sure and didn't want to do it incorrectly.

Thanks!

guitardom 04-06-2016 11:23 AM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by teleguy2 (Post 2348099)
Are you still open to answering questions about this?
I was reading the directions on your website and was a little confused about WHERE I should be putting the downloaded folder on my Windows 7 machine.

It said to put it in Libraries/Documents.
Do I put the entire folder "Trasher 12" in that location, THEN go into the
Trasher 12/Data/Trasher 12 Installer.exe and start the .exe?

Or should I be putting it somewhere else?

I looked on the webpage too but I wasn't sure and didn't want to do it incorrectly.

Thanks!

Hello,
You are correct:
Quote:

..put the entire folder "Trasher 12" in that location, THEN go into the
Trasher 12/Data/Trasher 12 Installer.exe and start the .exe?
If you run the installer on there it will place a shortcut to the .exe on your desktop. I actually prefer to just go to the .exe file, right click it, "add shortcut to taskbar" and then its right there and easy to get to. :-)

guitardom 06-26-2017 03:04 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
I finally got Trasher updated again. It is a pretty small update, but contains a couple added features.

First, the installer is fixed. Can unzip and run the installer from anywhere. Previously it had to be extracted to the desktop.

PT 12.8 seems to be taking multiple restarts to get all of your plugins loaded after an install if the AAX database is deleted and rebuilt. Added a feature to backup the database from your previous install, do the install of 12.8 and then restore the database.

Added the ability to backup and restore the Midi Maps and Presets folder in the Platinum Samples Accent Drum VI. I am using the plugin a lot and needed this to move these between drives/partitions. Thought I would go ahead and include it.

The detailed information is in here.

jeam25 06-26-2017 03:18 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Great thanks !!! :-)

The Weed 06-26-2017 04:59 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Excellent, thank you as always. Can we just run the installer and it will overwrite Trasher or how to proceed?

guitardom 06-26-2017 05:55 PM

Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weed (Post 2437215)
Excellent, thank you as always. Can we just run the installer and it will overwrite Trasher or how to proceed?

Hey,
Yes, just run the installer, select "Install over previous Trasher 12" It will just change out the exe file with the new one, swap out the Read me and a couple little things. No data from your backups and such will be touched.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com