Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   PTHD9 Eucon Surround Works!!!! (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=285806)

snake doc 11-06-2010 02:23 AM

PTHD9 Eucon Surround Works!!!!

This rocks!

I set up the MC MIx, MC Control V2, Mc Transport via Eucon in less than 5 minutes and it is so rocking right now. The Surround panner rules. That's a huge killer option that was saved only for the Icon level desks... and it's touch to boot!! This alone is worth the price of the update to PTHD9

houser 11-10-2010 06:11 AM

Re: PTHD9 Eucon Surround Works!!!!

Good news indeed, thanx for heads up,

Does the surround panner in PT 9 do 7.1 with three screen channels and four surrounds now? Supported in Eucon also?
Curious!

IO Composer 01-06-2011 11:56 AM

Which of the control surface has the surround panner? Is on the touch screen of the MC Control v2? Might have to check that out!

Ryan Young 01-06-2011 08:54 PM

v1 has it too, it's pretty sweet!

zoundsabar 01-06-2011 10:20 PM

The surround panner was a major selling point for me, but I have yet to figure out how to use it to get the sound to come from the corners of the panning field. The control only allows the placement to be within a circle which is tangent upon the centers of the four 'walls', but well within the corners of the 'room'. Or am I missing something?

Ryan Young 01-06-2011 11:02 PM

You're right!
DANG! You're absolutely right. That's a bummer! If there was an update that had a rectangle surround panner like in PT on the touch screen, that's be AWESOME!

postprosound 01-07-2011 08:18 AM

Ya, it works pretty well.

One thing that it lacks, and i hope DTS is listening, is when you try to pan a stereo into a surround track. It gets wonky, and you can't control the left and right channels separately.

IO Composer 03-13-2012 12:21 AM

Finally got around to picking one of these up. Love the surround panner in theory, but... how come it only gives me the circular panning option. No love in the corners??

Xill 03-13-2012 11:27 AM

Incredible, something that's supposed to work works.

Meanwhile AVID is totally clueless about the ethernet disconnection problems half of us are having.

paranerd 06-18-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoundsabar (Post 1732178)
The surround panner was a major selling point for me, but I have yet to figure out how to use it to get the sound to come from the corners of the panning field. The control only allows the placement to be within a circle which is tangent upon the centers of the four 'walls', but well within the corners of the 'room'. Or am I missing something?

Well, I do a search for this very question and get to this thread. No discrete panning? That's kind of useless to me. And the manual has nothing on the surround panner functions?