Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Duet & Pro Tools | Quartet (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Pro duet: could not find a duet connected (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=368334)

jotaceworld 05-31-2015 02:45 AM

Pro duet: could not find a duet connected

1 Attachment(s)
i have a problem with my pro duet. i cant update the firmware, somebody can help me?

Craig F 05-31-2015 10:58 AM

does the System Profiler see it connected to the computer
if not try a different USB cable
if still not you may have a bad unit

jutheles 07-12-2015 02:11 AM

Re: Pro duet: could not find a duet connected

Just got the ProTools Duet and I have the same problem.
Tried different USB-ports, cables, even Macs. No solution.

Apparently, Apogee made a working version for the firmware updater just last month.
http://www.apogeedigital.com/support/duet-ios-mac
Avid last updated the drivers in January. I really hope they will incorporate Apogee's update in their version of the drivers soon.

Tkweku 07-29-2015 12:06 PM

I do have the same issue...i have tried changing the USB cables. I hope and pray Avid find a quick solution to this issue.:(

mikeserman 10-18-2015 02:19 PM

I just got the Pro Tools Duet, and the firmware updater DOES NOT detect the duet. Does ANYONE have the solution?

mikeserman 03-04-2016 11:54 AM

Anyone find a solution yet? It has almost been a year and this same issue is happening.

[email protected] 03-04-2016 12:38 PM

same.... The registration process for this forum, so painful.

Any one have any suggestions on how best to get a responnse from Avid?

Southsidemusic 03-04-2016 02:57 PM

Hey Guys

I have never used these interfaces but I am escalating the thread to Avid so hopefully you get any info there is in order to know what to do moving forward.

Hang tight and someone will answer via PM or here.

jeffro 03-06-2016 08:19 AM

Hey all...
  • What firmware version is installed?
  • What firmware version are you trying to install? (incl URL to installer)
  • What OS are you running?
Thanks!

[email protected] 03-08-2016 11:13 AM

thanks

installed:
Pro Tools | Duet XMOS Firmware version: 0.2.66
ProToolsDuetDaemon version: 1.22.28

OS
OSX v 10.11.3

running the installed Firmware updater tool, so no idea what version its trying to install, does not get to that point as it cannot find the hardware.

worth noting I have never been able to upgrade firmware in the 12+ months I have had the hardware (so same problem for earlier versions of OSX)

jeffro 03-15-2016 10:04 AM

v2.66 is the current firmware for the Pro Tools Duet, so you don't need to update your firmware. You can identify the installed firmware version by selecting the Pro Tools Duet in the USB section of System Information (Applications > Utilities).
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2340730)
running the installed Firmware updater tool, so no idea what version its trying to install, does not get to that point as it cannot find the hardware.

Please download and run v2.10.2 from the Pro Tools Duet/Quartet Driver page and reply with your results.

[email protected] 03-15-2016 02:54 PM

thanks. you can also get the firmware version from the about menu of the Control Panel which is what I did.

I have already downloaded, installed, and run the drivers you link to. The fact that I am running the latest firmware doesnt really help the issue, what happens when there is a firmware update if the updater cannot find my hardware?

Related, have been hoping for a firmware update that might address the fact that the hardware become unresponsive on a regular (weekly) basis, and needs to be disconnected and then reconnected.

jeffro 03-15-2016 03:31 PM

True, just sounded like the software/installer wasn't seeing it so thought SysInfo would at least get us that info.

Please disconnect all I/O, try a different USB port or perhaps a different computer, and connect the power cable (even though it runs on USB power in most applications).

Submitted a case for you to troubleshoot further - please look for a case notice email or sign into my.avid.com to check your case/respond.

[email protected] 03-15-2016 03:33 PM

thanks Jeffro.