Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Timeline Selection (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398821)

mrtomcat 04-22-2018 04:33 PM

Timeline Selection

Is there a way to do Timeline Selection in PT Control and if so how?

reichman 04-24-2018 07:32 AM

Re: Timeline Selection

Take one of the editing pages and modify it to include functions that are found in Wheel/Dock Jog... functions like Mark In and Mark Out. These aren't listed under EuCon and would be perfect for doing this. And they appear to work fine on the iPad by themselves.

Good luck!

mrtomcat 04-24-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 2486033)
Take one of the editing pages and modify it to include functions that are found in Wheel/Dock Jog... functions like Mark In and Mark Out. These aren't listed under EuCon and would be perfect for doing this. And they appear to work fine on the iPad by themselves.

Good luck!

Thank you!, I'll try that

Avid, if you read this, this should be built in to PT Control

reichman 04-24-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtomcat (Post 2486078)
Thank you!, I'll try that

Avid, if you read this, this should be built in to PT Control

Wait a minute! Your signature says you have a Dock. Forget the onscreen soft keys for timeline selection. Use your wheel and the entire right hand panel of buttons for timeline selection. Put the wheel in Move Sel mode. I removed jog and shuttle, and brought Mark In/Mark Out up to the non-shift layer.

mrtomcat 04-24-2018 02:05 PM

I'm using the PT Control as a remote control for tracking, when I am the musician in the booth. The Dock comes in during the mixing process.

But leveraging the Dock as you stated will be very helpful as well. I haven't used the Dock much as of yet... slowly integrating it more into my work flow.
thanks for the info!

albee1952 04-24-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtomcat (Post 2486094)
I'm using the PT Control as a remote control for tracking, when I am the musician in the booth. The Dock comes in during the mixing process.

But leveraging the Dock as you stated will be very helpful as well. I haven't used the Dock much as of yet... slowly integrating it more into my work flow.
thanks for the info!

I do this a lot but the iPad is not my solution. My screens all use HDMI inputs(running 1920x1080), so I inserted an HDMI splitter on the EDIT screen($39 off eBay) and I have a rolling cart with a 23" HDMI screen on a 50' HDMI cable(from the splitter) and a mini keyboard with trackpad on a 50' USB cable. I can park things in my vocal booth, drum booth etc. Works dandy:D

mrtomcat 04-24-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2486100)
I do this a lot but the iPad is not my solution. My screens all use HDMI inputs(running 1920x1080), so I inserted an HDMI splitter on the EDIT screen($39 off eBay) and I have a rolling cart with a 23" HDMI screen on a 50' HDMI cable(from the splitter) and a mini keyboard with trackpad on a 50' USB cable. I can park things in my vocal booth, drum booth etc. Works dandy:D

that's a lot of cables :)

albee1952 04-25-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtomcat (Post 2486104)
that's a lot of cables :)

Only 2(HDMI and USB):D Actually, I cheated a bit and got a 4-way splitter so I have an HDMI monitor already mounted in the drum booth with a wall-mount, so that room only needs the USB cable for remote operation:o

mrtomcat 04-25-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2486175)
Only 2(HDMI and USB):D Actually, I cheated a bit and got a 4-way splitter so I have an HDMI monitor already mounted in the drum booth with a wall-mount, so that room only needs the USB cable for remote operation:o

How do you control your workstation?