Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PTLE 7.3.1cs4 crashing when launched (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=203238)

Philharmonic7 08-11-2007 09:21 PM

PTLE 7.3.1cs4 crashing when launched

Hello all,
I just recently purchased a digi 003 factory edition so that I can start doing some work at home. So far, I am having the most unpleasant time with this unit. I can never get PT to launch correctly without having errors. The 3 most common errors I get is,
- "PT cannot set sample rate to specified value"
-"Access violation occured"
- and for some odd reason when PT does launch I get" PT cannot reaccquire the hardware because another program is using it. Quit the program so that the hardware can be freed" even though there is absolutely no programs running besides PT.

As you notice I've been getting no sleep due to this problem. Once in a blue moon, PT happens to launch. I then quit PT and relaunch it again just to test it, and again, I start from ground zero. I get "PT cannot set sample rate to specified value" and the "Access violation occured" error. It's literally driving me nuts.

I have a PC, Asus motherboard, 975x chipset, no RAID configuration, dedicated digidesign approved firewire card(Sig pci 3 port), dedicated Radeon video card, Intel core 2 duo running at 2.66ghz, and 2gb of ram. I'm pretty knowledgeable with PCs and I built that one. I went to digidesign website and applied all the suggestions they had, including trashing the preferences and disabling hardware drivers. I even called tech support and everything they know, I already know, so the conversation wasn't really productive.

I am truly sorry for this long post, but I need to vent. I'm curious if anybody out there has a 003 factory edition and is encountering this problem, whether on a PC or a MAC. Also, since the 003 factory is a new unit, are these errors inevitable. I just have a funny feeling there won't be this much hassle on a MAC.

Again, I greatly appreciate any response, suggestions, or even sympathy who are battling this issue. Once again, thank you.

shagnwagn 08-17-2007 01:21 PM

Re: PTLE 7.3.1cs4 crashing when launched

I'm in the same boat and it's driving me insane. I spent most of my holidays trying to get my latest song to open up. What a waste!

All I keep getting is the Access Violation Occurred error! I'm pissed!

I have tried so many things. Different versions of PT LE, deleting plugs, changing hard drives, re-configuring Windows XP Pro, older versions of the song, changing the HW Buffer Size before opening the file, and the list goes on. I'm furious!!!

Hoping someone can help us out!

DigiTechSupt 08-17-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

I went to digidesign website and applied all the suggestions they had, including trashing the preferences and disabling hardware drivers.

Can you be more specific about which troubleshooting steps you've taken? Also, can you please post a Sandra or PC Wizard report, as indicated in those troubleshooting threads?

Quote:

I even called tech support and everything they know, I already know, so the conversation wasn't really productive.

Can you tell me which date you spoke to a tech? I'd like to look up the call and see if there's anything that may have been overlooked.

DigiTechSupt 08-17-2007 03:02 PM

One big cause for access violations is using incompatible, unauthorized or outdated plug-ins. Might this be the case? If you remove all the plug-ins from your plug-ins folder, does Pro Tools launch?

DigiTechSupt 08-17-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

I'm in the same boat and it's driving me insane. I spent most of my holidays trying to get my latest song to open up. What a waste!

All I keep getting is the Access Violation Occurred error! I'm pissed!

I have tried so many things. Different versions of PT LE, deleting plugs, changing hard drives, re-configuring Windows XP Pro, older versions of the song, changing the HW Buffer Size before opening the file, and the list goes on. I'm furious!!!

Hoping someone can help us out!

You should start with the steps in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread and post specific info on your system per the info on that thread if you're unable to resolve the problem.

You may want to look at the Help us help you thread as well.

If you've already done this, please be SPECIFIC about what you have or have not tried and please post a Sandra or PC Wizard report as indicated in the troubleshooting thread. Really. We need that info. We're not kidding.