Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   SampleTank 3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=355444)

musicman691 06-13-2014 04:08 AM

SampleTank 3

Got an email from Sweetwater saying Sampletank 3 is available for pre-order. Checked the prices and $100 off list price. Went to check IK Multimedia site and find those prices are nothing special as the IK site has the same prices. See here:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/stp...D=sampletank_3

One thing I'm ticked off about is that JamPoints are not accepted for this purchase when in this thread it was mentioned that they would be; it's a long thread and trying to find the posts where that's mentioned is difficult. I did find a post on page 38 of the thread where Peter_IK says:

"JamPoints are usable after the preorder period. The preorder pricing was set at such a low level in order to allow everybody to have access to a price that they would have had to use JamPoints to obtain and thus simplifying it for as many people as possible. Instead of people falling just short of $99.99, for example, or other JamPoint complexity and different experiences for everybody this was a much more reasonable solution to get the lowest price point out to many people."

See this thread: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/vi...7598&start=555

Nothing at Audio Deluxe yet.

mesaone 06-13-2014 08:21 AM

Re: Sampletank 3 pre-order

$100 upgrade (from version 2 or Miroslav) isn't bad at all. If anyone doesn't have a prior product, you can buy Miroslav for like $50. Since version 3 is supposed to be able to load the Miroslav library anyway, it's a good move - you save $100 and you get an orchestral library.

YYR123 06-13-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaone (Post 2163719)
$100 upgrade (from version 2 or Miroslav) isn't bad at all. If anyone doesn't have a prior product, you can buy Miroslav for like $50. Since version 3 is supposed to be able to load the Miroslav library anyway, it's a good move - you save $100 and you get an orchestral library.

Nice b/c I do have miroslav thanks

29CountsNY 06-13-2014 11:49 AM

I got the email from Sweetwater also but I opted to purchase from IK directly.
Love Sweetwater but with upgrades I prefer to buy direct.

Wonder if Audio Deluxe will have it cheaper though??

DMB13KOS 06-13-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29CountsNY (Post 2163750)
I got the email from Sweetwater also but I opted to purchase from IK directly.
Love Sweetwater but with upgrades I prefer to buy direct.

Wonder if Audio Deluxe will have it cheaper though??

Um, why buy direct? With Sweetwater you get IK support and Sweetwater support. Or am I wrong or missing something important?

It looks pretty good - lots of new instruments samples.

Needs OX 10.7 - I checked, so it won't work on my 10.6.8 system, only my 10.8.5 laptop.

TOM@METRO 06-13-2014 02:37 PM

I went for the 99.99 upgrade from IK.

Audio Deluxe may have it for less at some point though.

29CountsNY 06-13-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMB13KOS (Post 2163772)
Um, why buy direct? With Sweetwater you get IK support and Sweetwater support. Or am I wrong or missing something important?

Very valid points.
I've been in the IT field for over 20 years. Haven't called for tech support since October of 1997 (HP).
That's what these wonderful forums are for right?! :D
But seriously, for me it just adds one extra layer to the mix that isn't really needed. Now if they really did have an exclusive on the price I would of bought it from Sweetwater.

DavoBali 06-13-2014 11:43 PM

The pre order is for download only ..., and the $99.00 price is for existing ST2.5 XL , and not XT ( which came free with xpansion sample packs or promo) so therefore you must have either ST2.5 XL ..., or Miroslav full version .

Also , Im guessing the boxed versions after the pre ofder might be more expensive at a later date - I dint know ?
..., but for me anyway $99.00 for a download was a sweet deal , and I can do without the chance of a price hike later on and the extra cost of international postage for a boxed version....,

Im starting to get excited ..., as its not too far away now where I will finally have Sampletank AAX sorted ,

..., and hopefully soon :confused: ..., - Slate VCC , and also FG-X in AAX format also....,

Note , I do gave Bluecat to run VCC , but VCC loaded into bluecat on each track is just way too CPU hungry

Now I just want Mono compressors in VBC as well

....., then I can really carry on the way I want :-)

mesaone 06-14-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavoBali (Post 2163850)
Also , Im guessing the boxed versions after the pre ofder might be more expensive at a later date - I dint know ?

I'm guessing the boxed versions are the same price, plus shipping. That's the way it is now, anyway.

I'm excited too, I can't wait to have SampleTron libraries running natively in my PT11 projects. I'm just disappointed with the UI. It looks like they did a slam port of their iPad app. I wonder if it will be comfortable for Mac users that have Retina screens.

DavoBali 06-14-2014 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaone (Post 2163853)
I'm guessing the boxed versions are the same price, plus shipping. That's the way it is now, anyway.

I'm excited too, I can't wait to have SampleTron libraries running natively in my PT11 projects. I'm just disappointed with the UI. It looks like they did a slam port of their iPad app. I wonder if it will be comfortable for Mac users that have Retina screens.

Im actually happy to pay the $99.00 , and thats JUST for the new GUI alone:cool:

... ,,, as the old ST2 GUI was so unusable to me unless I had my huge magnifying glass nearby to view the ST2 font and numerics readouts - and that was with my coke bottle reading glasses on :eek: