Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   VENUE Live Sound Systems (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   come on - where is the ipad app??? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=343997)

8dB.co.uk 09-09-2014 03:26 AM

Re: come on - where is the ipad app???

No need. An ex Avid employee - Neyrinck, has done V Control.

8dB.co.uk 09-09-2014 03:27 AM

And I'd rather Avid paid all their attention to getting the desktop software running well.

TheMAXX 09-09-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8dB.co.uk (Post 2184395)
No need. An ex Avid employee - Neyrinck, has done V Control.

While the V-Control (http://www.neyrinck.com/) looks interesting I see no capability to control any of the Avid live sound consoles. It would be nice if he ported it to work with the live stuff but I don’t think that without a firmware update (in the consoles) that kind of thing is going to work without a computer in between. And I think that (the computer) is what most people are trying to eliminate. We want to hook up a wireless router/switch and have control.

Atomic Sound 12-15-2015 08:47 PM

Ipad app????????

Please assure us that you are working on a dedicated IPAD APP for Venue.
And give us a timeline.

I am mixing 4 shows this week requiring iPad remote control.
Sadly, none of them can be mixed on Avid desks.

As a long time Pro Tools & Profile user, I am really looking forward to it.
Having just purchased an S3 control surface for studio to make mixing fun again, I couldn't pull the trigger on the E3 engine and stage boxes since the iPad thing is a no go.

Currently I am in the market for 2 consoles that can share digital inputs and has iPad control.

Unless AVID has something on the way, I will be purchasing Yamaha CL/QL desks and using Dante.
Not sure what to do here since I do like the Venue software better.

A response from Avid would be nice here.

PTlanceK 12-16-2015 02:00 AM

Re: Ipad app????????

I agree. This is WAY overdue!!!!!! Come on Avid!! Other manufacturers are leaving you behind. This is one of the most asked about things with your live sound consoles. And not just for the S6L but all the older desks too please!!!!

Karel Noon 12-16-2015 05:01 AM

Re: Ipad app????????

I find it ridiculous and annoying!
i own a 20k console and hat to hire in another board two times this year because of the lack of an ipad app...
And NO, VNC is not always a workable sollution!

So get something going Avid....

RyanJ 12-16-2015 11:47 AM

It's not a new request, obviously, and it's high priority.

I cannot give you a timeline, but I can tell you that it's actually in the list of things that are being worked on.

What are some of the functions that you would want in an iPad app, apart from the obvious, is there anything that you feel is done really well in other iPad control apps, and anything that you feel is missing, or have always wanted?

Karel Noon 12-16-2015 12:51 PM

Good Apps:
Mackie Master Fader
Presonus
Yamaha

OK but Not so nice to use:
A&H Qu and GLD App

Bad examples:
A&H Ilive App: not very user friendly and is missing a good overview of what's going on
Midas Pro Mixtender: not enough options and control
Soundcraft ViSi - missing basic controls

What I need:
Delay and level for outputs
Everything needed for monitor mixing:
EQ, Gain, Bus Sends, Chanel Dynamics, RTA behind the EQ.
Multi User with the ability to define which user can control which send (as in Mackies master fader) Stereo linking of chanels !!!!!!

Not so much needed in the app, maybe in an "advanced mode": FX Editing/Plugin control, Eucon control, Everything from the setup Tab

Thanks,

Karel

Karel Noon 12-21-2015 09:41 AM

Oh i forgot to say: I am willing to do some beta testing!

Can't be to long now, it ist only close to 6 years the iPad came out and only 5 since the Yamaha app [emoji48][emoji56]

Kristo Kotkas 12-21-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanJ (Post 2320051)
It's not a new request, obviously, and it's high priority.

I cannot give you a timeline, but I can tell you that it's actually in the list of things that are being worked on.

What are some of the functions that you would want in an iPad app, apart from the obvious, is there anything that you feel is done really well in other iPad control apps, and anything that you feel is missing, or have always wanted?

I would go as far as saying get any kind of app out and improve as you go. Give me input faders, channel processing, ability to flip aux to faders, tap tempo and 31 bands and it would be 90% of what I would need from an ipad app for Venue today. Make that happen and improve as you go.

I'm afraid if you are looking to come out with the most brilliant ipad app out there we will not see it in our lifetime.