Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   BFD & Trilogy in Ver 6.9.2 ? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=138586)

JFK StudioDude 06-04-2005 05:03 PM

BFD & Trilogy in Ver 6.9.2 ?

HI All,

I just upgrade to 6.9.2 and am interested in purchasing BFD & Trilogy. Has anybody tried using these programs in tiger with Protools Ver 6.9.2.

I searched the Fxpansion site for info on BFD - But had no luck. and the same goes for the Spectrsonics site as well.

Thanks in advance,

JFK

Kurtstudio 06-04-2005 05:22 PM

Re: BFD & Trilogy in Ver 6.9.2 ?

you and everybody else is waiting too, it will in time. We all use this stuff a ton so it will be compatable, Ivory will be Monday, i am sure the others will follow suit soon.

zeeman 06-04-2005 06:03 PM

trilogy is working fine. as are atmos and stylus rmx.

HD 2 accel
g5 dual 1.8 PT 6.2.9, OS 10.4.1

zeeman

JFK StudioDude 06-04-2005 06:29 PM

Thanks,

These are popular app's so hopefully it does'nt take too long.

So Trilogy works, but BFD does not? Is that correct then?

Thanks,

JFK

GW 06-05-2005 02:06 AM

If you haven't bought Trilogy yet, check out Majestic before you do...
www.yellowtools.com

This doesn't happend to be you Martin over in the JFK-Studio in Kristianstad?

Ray Campbell 06-05-2005 05:02 AM

This was posted on the FXPansion forum a while back:

Quote:

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Whilst we have been testing our products with BETA versions of OSX 10.4 Tiger with sucess in several host environments, we can give no firm assurances about our products' stability, interaction with host application and the operating system in general until we have tested with the release version of Tiger, which will arrive in our office in a few days.

Reports on the web say that UAD cards may have problems, for example; we want to stress test the audio side of the operating system with our stuff before we give a green light to Tiger.

Old jungle saying: Do NOT install new stuff or plan to use a newly reconfigured machine on your Big Session the next day...

We will report back ASAP.

There have been a few follow-ups, but no definitive statement.

HTH

Ray

Cliffy_Boy 06-05-2005 07:57 AM

BFD is glitchy in Tiger. Reopening the screen freezes BFD.

timc 06-05-2005 08:13 AM

BFD is on the verge of releasing its v1.5 which is supposed to address many things. Since it will be a free update, you might get the current version (1.0.10.21 unless there's something new this morning) and try it out.

The new v is expected within weeks...

Cliffy_Boy 06-05-2005 10:49 AM

I'm using the version 21. No difference.

JFK StudioDude 06-24-2005 12:37 PM

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Hey Cliffy Boy, does Rewire mode actually work in Tiger? I have heard through several people that it is almost unusable. If you don't mind could you detail your typical BFD set-up/work scenario.

Also how many of you program a full blown drum track in Protools using BFD in RTAS mode then use REWIRE to transfer it into your Protools session? and if you do it does it work well? How is the midi timing?

Forgive the dumb questions, I am a total newbie to BFD. and really nervous about dropping the $$$ on BFD & XFL without someone voicing a little confidence in the set-up as it stands right now. I know that 1.5 is "on it's way" buy I have a session that could really use BFD's magic right now. Thanks.

JFK

Dual 1gig MDD
2 gig RAM
OSx 10.4.1
PT HD3 Accel Ver 6.9.2