Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   S6 Layouts (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405850)

RSLAMBERT 08-04-2019 02:52 PM

S6 Layouts

Something that I have had no success with at all in the 4 years of using our S6’s that I would love some help with. I use layouts all day everyday, but if I save a layout of say just my Atmos tracks displaying pans in the knobs section. When I recall the layout they always default back to sends! Can anybody point me in the right direction !

Mac Pro High Sierra 13.6 64 gigs RAM
S40 24 fader 2019.5
ProTools HDX2 2019.6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creativecontrol 08-04-2019 06:42 PM

Re: S6 Layouts

Greetings,

I would check all of the following:

(A) Make sure under Settings > User you DO NOT have the option ticked to Ignore Functions on Layout Recall.

(B) Make sure that when you are creating your Track Layout you specifically change the function views (use the All switch if you want to change all at once) using the Process Module functions before you save your layout.

(C) Make sure under the Settings > System that you have enabled Layouts and Meters to save the layout data to the session and the title. Obviously make sure you have associated Pro Tools with the blue star under workstations.

Jeff

RSLAMBERT 08-04-2019 06:55 PM

Thanks I’ll check these out.

RSLAMBERT 08-05-2019 08:13 AM

I’m afraid non of these work.We have 5 other S6 consoles. They all behave the same way. I’ve got to be missing something ?

creativecontrol 08-05-2019 09:12 AM

Please message me directly or email via [email protected] and we can dig into it.

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

creativecontrol 09-24-2019 05:40 PM

Greetings,

When you get an opportunity, if you could take a look at S6 19.9 - I believe we addressed some buggy behavior with the way knob functions were stored within Track Layouts. Let us know please. Thanks!

Jeff

skilletaudio 10-23-2019 07:15 AM

Thanks, Jeff this is working for me with the 19.9 updates, very helpful! I changed my workflow for what sends I use because of this when mixing. Now I thankfully no longer have to do that and saves some time to jump to sends F-J for my FX and keep A-E for my monitor mixes.

RSLAMBERT 10-23-2019 07:30 AM

Thanks a Jeff, I’ve just updated all our S6’s and it’s working just as I expected. Thanks.

RSLAMBERT 10-26-2019 12:10 AM

Hi , we have noticed that the meters on the TFT’s and on the MTM have intermittently stopped working. Much like the bug a few years ago if you had the network plugged in the wrong port, anyone else seeing this.
Thanks

creativecontrol 10-26-2019 11:18 AM

I haven't seen this recently and can't repro it here. Metering problems have almost always been related to some kind of a network issue. Do you have Firewall enabled on macOS and if so - under Advanced do you have WSControl added to allow communication?

How many different networks are you using currently and what is the service order?

Jeff