Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ProTools 9 iLok authorization error (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=290425)

GaryLamb 12-22-2010 11:44 AM

ProTools 9 iLok authorization error

Don't know if this has been discussed before but...
I just bought the PT's 9 upgrade along with a new (separate) iLok key.
Everything seemed to load ok but when I go to launch PT's I get the following error:
'Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 9". Please insert the necessary iLok to continue.'

I did go through the process of authorizing the iLok key on the iLok.com site.
So..I'm stuck.
I'm wondering if need to get the latest iLok hardware key (I have the previous one).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
GL
PS I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with an MBox 2.

Avid 12-22-2010 11:54 AM

Re: ProTools 9 iLok authorization error

The iLok account that you entered when you activated the upgrade shows that the Pro Tools 9 license is on the account, but has not been transferred to your iLok yet.

When you go to www.ilok.com and login to your account, you should see "You have new licenses available" at the top of the page.

GaryLamb 12-22-2010 04:17 PM

That did it.
Thanks!

gothamsfinest87 04-10-2011 05:40 PM

How long does it take for it to say You have new licenses available?

albee1952 04-10-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothamsfinest87 (Post 1780738)
How long does it take for it to say You have new licenses available?

Sometimes minutes, sometimes a day:rolleyes:

alexhertz86 04-13-2011 10:25 PM

How didi you fixed i have the same problem i need help?

lanstrad 05-01-2011 10:13 PM

I have a new boxed version that was installed, registered, activated, updated, iLok activated and everything last week, but as of today, all I get everytuime I try to launch PT9 is, first: a prompt (as if I was installing a new software) from Win 7 (that yellow box) that ask ''do you want this program to make changes to your computer?''....

...Then, another prompt that ''iLok authorization is missing fro PT9.....'' and I can't launch PT9... Went back to iLok website, I see that my license *is* there, it seems to ''sync'' the iLok key again, but that does not fix the problem.

What's wrong here ?

Thanks,
Rob

TuneToA440 06-27-2011 02:48 PM

Thought I'd add this since I haven't seen this fix anywhere. Avid support pointed me to the paceam.com website which has a newer ilok drive than what was posted on ilok.com. The windows driver at paceam.com is 5.9.4.3474. Ilok support indicated that my old driver WAS the latest (true for the ilok website). After installing this driver Pro Tools MP9 recognized my iLok and license.

Before I tried this, I also upgraded to Windows 7 sp1. After that my IE 8 would not let my iLok communicate with iLok.com. I then upgraded to IE 9 and that fixed that problem (maybe reinstalling IE 8 would have worked as well).

Hope this helps someone.