Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Interfaces (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Focusrite Red 4Pre! (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=378928)

jpsexton 03-17-2016 03:56 PM

Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
Looks promising!

https://us.focusrite.com/thunderbolt...l&utm_content=

LukeHoward 03-17-2016 04:34 PM

Re: Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
Would be nice if Avid would embrace AVB and/or Dante (preferably both, seems like AVB has lost the battle) for HDX users.

jpsexton 03-17-2016 04:46 PM

Re: Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeHoward (Post 2342684)
Would be nice if Avid would embrace AVB and/or Dante (preferably both, seems like AVB has lost the battle) for HDX users.

Looks like this may be a bridge for Dante though...

LukeHoward 03-17-2016 04:49 PM

Re: Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
Right, the RedNet 5/HD32R are pure Dante to DigiLink bridges – would just be nice to have an Avid-supported solution, particularly when they've embraced AVB elsewhere.

YYR123 03-17-2016 05:08 PM

Re: Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
It was a shocker to me to see the digilink onboard, that box has a ton of io formats

Southsidemusic 03-17-2016 05:22 PM

Re: Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
Looks like everyone is running past Avid in interface options nowadays. This interface has it all really. I would love to try one asap since we are making some BIG changes in our main studio to streamline and scale down to the things we need, not what we thought we needed. And after looking at the new interfaces from Focusrite and Apollo we will probaly sell our Avid HDX2 and get new shiny units from 3rd party makers the next few months.

YYR123 03-17-2016 06:18 PM

Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
I am really thinking this could replace the Omni that I want/need/want :)

I was looking for the omni to use as a monitor controller, with a tad bit more io > my only concern is how will it interface with PT (the focusrite)? Will I have to aggregate?

I honestly don't even suppose to know how the omni itself would be seen in PT....would it need to be aggregated or would it be seamlessly seen in PT.

Marco Bernardo 03-17-2016 06:30 PM

Re: Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2342694)
Looks like everyone is running past Avid in interface options nowadays. This interface has it all really. I would love to try one asap since we are making some BIG changes in our main studio to streamline and scale down to the things we need, not what we thought we needed. And after looking at the new interfaces from Focusrite and Apollo we will probaly sell our Avid HDX2 and get new shiny units from 3rd party makers the next few months.

Avid should think of this years ago, It's time to Avid stop developing what so many manufactures are developing (from the low budget to high end ADDA), I don't know how this is done, but if Avid let almost anyone that want to use the Digilink/minidigilink protocol use it, it give more choices to users.
Avid should keep developing the HDX and HD Native cards + HD Software to give more than 32 i/o option (is what most people want and need from Avid now a days).

Now with the Focusrite Partner, let's see.

AVB? Ok it was cool, why they choose this path instead embrace DANTE that already gave some proofs that it's the "future".

:)

Southsidemusic 03-17-2016 06:43 PM

Re: Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2342704)
I am really thinking this could replace the Omni that I want/need/want :)

I was looking for the omni to use as a monitor controller, with a tad bit more io > my only concern is how will it interface with PT (the focusrite)? Will I have to aggregate?

I honestly don't even suppose to know how the omni itself would be seen in PT....would it need to be aggregated or would it be seamlessly seen in PT.

LOL OMNI and the new interfaces from Focusrite and Apollo and RME etc are lightyears apart. We use the OMNI up until a few months ago as the preamp really really agreed with our Manley Gold mic but since we bought into the Korby Kat 5 with 5 capsules we haven't used the OMNI and I can tell you that the mic pres are "ok" but nothing more and comparing to the new $2500 4PRE is a non starter.

The OMNI is a good interface no doubt but as you can get one for 650-800 USD now i would look at the Clarett series. Tried the Clarett 8PreX as a loaner and I was VERY IMPRESSED! Would have got it right there on the spot if I didn't know the RED4 pre was in the wings and thats the one we are getting from the Focusrite line so we have a few different higher end interfaces to play with when needed.

Seeing it (Clarett 8pre X) cost less than $1200 its really a no brainer if someone is looking for a interface around $1K ish

LukeHoward 03-17-2016 09:57 PM

Re: Focusrite Red 4Pre!
 
Avid should just put an Ethernet port right on the HDX card and support both AVB and Dante.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com