Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Calling northern hemisphere!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405620)

xrekcor 07-14-2019 02:47 PM

Calling northern hemisphere!!!

Give us our summer back.... it’s a freakin freezing 4c :eek: here this morning... even got the log burner working brrrr.... so enjoy those warm summer days and cold beer :cool:

Southsidemusic 07-14-2019 04:02 PM

Re: Calling northern hemisphere!!!

Thanks Rob!

24C today and 12C tomorrow with a LOT of rain coming all day so our ”summer” ain’t here either. Had three great weeks of 22-26C but now the weather have turned to serious hell again as usual in Swedish summer :rolleyes:

I just hope to GOD that the summer comes around again before fall is upon us ..

... comes way too fast and summer is way too short here in Sweden! I mean IF we have 4 weeks total of sunny days and over 20C it’s a miracle year according to weather people ... in the know ... but are wrong 62% of the time! The swedish gov have researched that and came up with the 62% figure which is a really really POOR performance !!! If I was wrong in my job 62% of the time I would be living under a bridge with the rags on my back as my only possesions a long time ago ;)

Cowboy Bob 07-14-2019 06:55 PM

We’ve been at 33c for the high the past few days.

Looks like the coming week will be about as warm, and dryer than a popcorn fart!

xrekcor 07-14-2019 10:02 PM

That’s right you poor folks further north get the blink and you’ll miss it Summers like Canada’s northern reaches. Btw, that’s like autumn weather here :p

They forecast below 0c all this week and I think the worst it has been was the 4c we got this morning.... it was freezing at about 3am don’t know what the temp was but it was freaking cold but by about 6am it had come good to 4c with a westerly wind coming from the interior with a warmish feel to now mid afternoon lots of sun and a chilly wind going through you.

My place winter consist of about a a week or 2 of frosts at worst and then it’s over... what is really the prob in Australia at present is everywhere is sooooooo dry and I mean really dry and the cold seems just sucks the moisture out even more. NSW is 100% in drought But in a way it takes care of the weeks of tropical rain that starts to mould up everything. I’m sure it wasn’t that extreme years ago.... we get too much rain when we don’t need it and not near enough when we do...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2532704)
Thanks Rob!

24C today and 12C tomorrow with a LOT of rain coming all day so our ”summer” ain’t here either. Had three great weeks of 22-26C but now the weather have turned to serious hell again as usual in Swedish summer :rolleyes:

I just hope to GOD that the summer comes around again before fall is upon us ..

... comes way too fast and summer is way too short here in Sweden! I mean IF we have 4 weeks total of sunny days and over 20C it’s a miracle year according to weather people ... in the know ... but are wrong 62% of the time! The swedish gov have researched that and came up with the 62% figure which is a really really POOR performance !!! If I was wrong in my job 62% of the time I would be living under a bridge with the rags on my back as my only possesions a long time ago ;)

xrekcor 07-14-2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob (Post 2532713)
We’ve been at 33c for the high the past few days.

Looks like the coming week will be about as warm, and dryer than a popcorn fart!

Natural butter and garlic flavour? My kinda farting popcorn :D

Jay_uk 07-15-2019 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2532699)
Give us our summer back.... it’s a freakin freezing 4c :eek: here this morning... even got the log burner working brrrr....so enjoy those warm summer days and cold beer :cool:

Thanks its great but its also quite noisy here, something about Cricket :D ;)

zedhed 07-30-2019 09:53 PM

Lol.....lots of noise here in NZ too....something about England winning by default. :p

xrekcor 07-31-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_uk (Post 2532744)
Thanks its great but its also quite noisy here, something about Cricket :D ;)

I’m a kiwi.... Not exactly a cricketing nation unless your brought up in some private school, we stepped them out for their fields long ago and put rugby on them :D

xrekcor 07-31-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedhed (Post 2534180)
Lol.....lots of noise here in NZ too....something about England winning by default. :p

Yeah haha.... well at least they got a win kind of

Jay_uk 07-31-2019 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2534183)
I’m a kiwi.... Not exactly a cricketing nation unless your brought up in some private school, we stepped them out for their fields long ago and put rugby on them :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedhed (Post 2534180)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2534184)
Yeah haha.... well at least they got a win kind of

Touche! well played ;)