Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Fast Track Pro Win8 Drivers (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=331477)

rd2rk 11-30-2012 03:51 PM

Fast Track Pro Win8 Drivers

Avid is making it extremely difficult to get info about this, by not providing direct info on the website. I fear that means they don't plan on supporting this unit. I hope I'm wrong - PLEASE tell me there WILL be Windows 8 drivers. Although the win7 drivers work for most purposes, they cause BIG problems in other (not ProTools) DAWs (specifically Sonar). Roland has released win8 drivers for their Duo-Capture interface, which now works fine with Sonar, but it has only one input and one output versus the FTP's 2 of each. I'd really like to get back to using my trusty Fast Track Pro! HELP!

jglunt2112 12-27-2012 03:30 PM

Re: Fast Track Pro Win8 Drivers

Avid has sold all there M-Audio related line (including Pro Tools MP series), to whom I don't know. I spoke to an Avid rep about this a few months ago. He told me there will be no support nor any new updates from Avid on any of these products.

rd2rk 01-06-2013 01:24 PM

The Fast Track Pro was NOT part of the sale, which is why I'm here trying to find info. Considering how long this post has been up, it's apparent that, if anybody from Avid monitors this forum, they don't much care about this once VERY popular product, their focus is on forcing us to buy their new, replacement for the FTP. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Support the product or sell it to someone who WILL (M-Audio?).

Or, of course, someone from Avid could prove me wrong about the above by RESPONDING WITH REAL INFO ABOUT AVID'S PLANS FOR SUPPORTING/NOT SUPPORTING THIS PRODUCT!!!

Yes, I'm yelling. CAN ANYONE FROM AVID HEAR ME???

jglunt2112 01-09-2013 10:40 AM

The Avid rep I spoke to implied that anything that was M-Audio was no longer owned nor supported by them. He didn't tell me about any exceptions, so if there are any, I don't know about them. I did read on the Avid website that Win8 was not supported by any of their products yet.

rd2rk 01-12-2013 11:53 AM

The Avid rep was wrong, at least where the FTP is concerned, which is probably why he "implied" as opposed to stating outright. Interesting that you actually spoke to a rep. How'd you manage that? Maybe if I could actually speak to a human from Avid, I'd be able to get some answers.

Cakewalk has released their "official" Win8 compatible and supported version of Sonar. Has Avid announced a release date for their ProTools Win8 version? Not that, all things considered, I'd be inclined to buy anything made by Avid (ATTENTION AVID: I spend lots of money on music related stuff - want some? RESPOND TO THIS POST!).

teo726 01-13-2013 12:23 PM

From what I've tested, the most stable fast track pro driver on windows 8 is ver. 6.0.2

The latest beta version 6.1.7., though it updates the firmware, it causes some clicks & pops and may freeze PT on startup.

So try ver. 6.0.2 and give us some feedback!

jglunt2112 01-17-2013 05:47 PM

The Avid rep I spoke to actually called me when I signed up for some videos on mixing by Tony Maserati that they ran on their website. Shocked the hell outta me, but he was real nice to talk to. Obviously he was trying to sell me something, but he wasn't unreasonably pushy and answered some questions I had at that time. You're right, they insulate themselves from us peons (read that, customers) very heavily. In 44 years in the music business, I've never encountered worse customer service after the sale.

rd2rk 01-18-2013 11:33 PM

TEO

Since you reference the beta drivers' problems in ProTools, I'm guessing that you didn't notice that I'm using Sonar. Based on Avid's lack of response to this thread, I doubt seriously that I'll ever buy anything from them. But since I already own the FTP, a nice piece of hardware, I'd sure like for them to get a W8 driver released for it. The last one I dl'd was 6.0.7, which worked fine in W7. You say there's a 6.1.7 beta? Where'd ya get it at (link, please)?

teo726 01-20-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rd2rk (Post 1998987)
TEO

Since you reference the beta drivers' problems in ProTools, I'm guessing that you didn't notice that I'm using Sonar. Based on Avid's lack of response to this thread, I doubt seriously that I'll ever buy anything from them. But since I already own the FTP, a nice piece of hardware, I'd sure like for them to get a W8 driver released for it. The last one I dl'd was 6.0.7, which worked fine in W7. You say there's a 6.1.7 beta? Where'd ya get it at (link, please)?

There you go!

It's the avid beta testing community

https://avidbeta.centercode.com/signup/