Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Intro Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Melodyne 4 compatibility (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406836)

russelaid 10-20-2019 11:58 PM

Melodyne 4 compatibility

Hi all,
I have a problem with Melodyne 4 essential plugin.
I use PTF and have recently purchased from avid.com marketplace melodyne 4 essential. My problem is that the plugin is not loadeding in PTF.
I did the tests on different windows 7 pc (i7 and i5 core), I tried PTF 2018.7, PTF 2019.6 and PTF 12. I also did some tests with an old version of Melodyne (editor 2). I checked that the aaxplugin file is in the correct folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Melodyne.aaxplugin\Contents\x64). Nothing, the plugin does not load, Melodyne works fine in standalone mode but the plugin don't load in PTF.
I bought the plugin from avid.com and not the application, can this be the problem?
Is there anyone who has had a similar problem?
Thanks.

Francesco Romoli

ChuckS 10-21-2019 06:21 AM

Re: Melodyne 4 compatibility

You bought it from the Avid store which supposedly is required for third party plugs to work in PTF - so good there. How about iLok issues? Does the plug require a license update on your iLok? Regular Melodyne uses iLok auth, but don't know if different for plugs bought via Avid store.

JFreak 10-21-2019 06:24 AM

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think licensing should be okay since the standalone application launches. Therefore contact Avid Support and ask them to help you.

russelaid 10-21-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckS (Post 2542028)
You bought it from the Avid store which supposedly is required for third party plugs to work in PTF - so good there. How about iLok issues? Does the plug require a license update on your iLok? Regular Melodyne uses iLok auth, but don't know if different for plugs bought via Avid store.

It would seem not, I registered my plugin by entering the serial number and was immediately redirected to a celemony page, where I can check the status of my license. On my ilok license manager there is no entry for M4.

russelaid 10-21-2019 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2542029)
Hi, welcome to the community.

I think licensing should be okay since the standalone application launches. Therefore contact Avid Support and ask them to help you.

Hi, I talked for several days with celemony support but they couldn't help me. Now I'll try Avid support, thanks.

JFreak 10-21-2019 07:08 AM

Just to be sure, you can open the standalone application (outside PT), right? Because that won't open if your licensing is screwed.

russelaid 10-21-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2542037)
Just to be sure, you can open the standalone application (outside PT), right? Because that won't open if your licensing is screwed.

Yes, in standalone mode it works fine.

JFreak 10-21-2019 07:30 AM

Then I'm pretty sure you don't need Celemony help, but Avid Support should figure out why it doesn't work in PT even though you bought it from Avid Marketplace. Just open a support case and let's hope you won't need to wait too long

russelaid 10-21-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2542041)
Then I'm pretty sure you don't need Celemony help, but Avid Support should figure out why it doesn't work in PT even though you bought it from Avid Marketplace. Just open a support case and let's hope you won't need to wait too long

Ok thanks.

JFreak 10-21-2019 07:32 AM

All I know is there is this knowledgebase article, which says 3rd party plugins are not supported on PT 1st, but since you bought it from Avid Marketplace it kind of should work.