Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Need to know these PT commands for laptop...... (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409304)

balla4eva909 04-03-2020 09:32 PM

Need to know these PT commands for laptop......

Command to look at the layers you recorded in loop recording so I can see what I recorded and command for punch in for lap-top please. -Thanks

musicman691 04-04-2020 04:53 AM

Re: Need to know these PT commands for laptop......

Quote:

Originally Posted by balla4eva909 (Post 2559987)
Command to look at the layers you recorded in loop recording so I can see what I recorded and command for punch in for lap-top please. -Thanks

Have you tried RTFM? And the shortcut guide as well?

Rich Breen 04-04-2020 09:14 AM

command-space or f13 to record. Select track and ctl-cmd-left/right arrow to switch to various views including playlist. Shift-up/down arrow to move through playlists.
And yes, please read the manual.

balla4eva909 04-05-2020 12:20 PM

The commands you gave me don't work. + I am looking for the laptop commands.... The commands from a keyboard and laptop are different. The help menu in PT only shows the keyboard commands.

Rich Breen 04-05-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balla4eva909 (Post 2560227)
The commands you gave me don't work. + I am looking for the laptop commands.... The commands from a keyboard and laptop are different. The help menu in PT only shows the keyboard commands.

Works just fine on my laptop. If cmd-space doesn't work you probably have to disable the default in system prefs.

musicman691 04-05-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Breen (Post 2560231)
Works just fine on my laptop. If cmd-space doesn't work you probably have to disable the default in system prefs.

MacBooks don't have all the keys above f12 - those are only on the full size external keyboard.

albee1952 04-05-2020 04:23 PM

Adding a USB numeric keypad might help, but you can also do it with a mouse(and if you're only working with a trackpad, adding a mouse might make many things easier):o

musicman691 04-06-2020 04:04 AM

This thread highlights something that numerous people have asked for and that's user-configurable shortcuts. External keypads may be a solution but if you're working on the go with no table top it's a pain. If you're working on a table top you'd be better off just getting the full-length keyboard and working off that instead of the laptop's keyboard.

Rich Breen 04-06-2020 08:22 AM

Yup - an external full-size keyboard is pretty much a necessity on a laptop. A wireless numeric keypad can work, though you'll also probably need Karabiner to get it work with any of the DAWs. Key commands can be customized with Keyboard Maestro (or others). All that said, OP was asking for how to punch in/out, view playlists, navigate playlists; all those commands are accessible from a standard laptop keyboard.