Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Issue with Nomad Factory (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412927)

DonaldM 11-28-2020 01:37 PM

Issue with Nomad Factory

I took advantage of the Black Friday deals and got 3 items from Nomad Factory: the Blue Tubes Bundle, Factory Echos, and the Analog Signature Pack. The first two installed and activated just fine. But the ASP is supposed to have 3 plugins, but I only have 1 that I can find anywhere in plugin lists in PT. I'm supposed to have: Limiting Amplifier LM-662, Program Equalizer EQP-4, and the Studio Channel SC-226. But the only one I can find and use is the EQP-4...the other two are nowhere to be found. I've searched every way I can.

So, I opened a service ticket with Nomad on their website. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with Nomad's customer service? Are they usually responsive and helpful? This is my first ever purchase of any Nomad product.

I made the original contact yesterday (Friday the 27th), and no response so far. I realize its the weekend, so it might be Monday before I hear anything. I'm hoping this gets resolved quickly.

Top Jimmy 11-28-2020 02:13 PM

Re: Issue with Nomad Factory

The only thing I can attest to is that we’ve been waiting years for real AAX compatibility. NF plugins in Pro Tools are crash prone. Unfortunately Bernie didn’t have the ability to take care of the updates needed and when Plugivery took over at his passing, they say they’re working on porting everything to their framework. Hopefully this fixes everything but it remains to be seen.

DonaldM 11-30-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2585442)
The only thing I can attest to is that we’ve been waiting years for real AAX compatibility. NF plugins in Pro Tools are crash prone. Unfortunately Bernie didn’t have the ability to take care of the updates needed and when Plugivery took over at his passing, they say they’re working on porting everything to their framework. Hopefully this fixes everything but it remains to be seen.

I wasn't aware of all that history. So far, I've not encountered any issues with operation in PT for any of them. I just have an issue with a missing plug-in from the Analog Signature Pack. To their credit, I heard from them via email first thing this morning, replied, and they replied right back. So, I think this will be resolved today.

My download went through Plugivery, whoever that is, and it was fine.

I have to say that so far, I do like the plugins and how they sound. And they're very easy to use.

DonaldM 11-30-2020 09:41 AM

Well I have to say that Nomad Factory customer service was fast. It took 3-4 emails to clarify what I needed to do to solve the problem, but each time they responded to my emails literally within minutes. And the issue is resolved and everything works great! So, kudos to NF!

Nice plugins and I think they sound really great. Just my opinion.