Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Mpowered 7.4 and compatible issue (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=303912)

akaidai 07-06-2011 05:39 PM

Mpowered 7.4 and compatible issue

recently my 1814 breakdown and i m left with only Producer Usb mic for the interface of my travelling laptop..can i used this mic as a soundcard for the mpowered 7.4?....thanx

scenicrecords 07-07-2011 09:54 AM

Re: Mpowered 7.4 and compatible issue

I don't think so. See this link.

Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4, compatible M-Audio devices and drivers

fre 07-27-2011 06:43 PM

Mpowered 7.4 and compatible issue

I've got one doubt regarding Pro Tools comaptibility with some hardware. I recently purchased a midisport uno interface in order to use it with PT M-Powered 7.4 and my electronic drumkit. However, once I launch PT a message appears on the screen telling me that no hardware device is connected. Is it possible that the midisport uno USB is not able to work as an interface to open Pro Tools? or is it me doing sth wrong?

My PC has windows vista SP2 32-bits.

Thank you so much for your help!!! Hope I have not thrown my money away by purchasing this and therefore have to buy another interface :S

scenicrecords 07-27-2011 07:28 PM

First off, the Midisport UNO is not an audio interface. It is simply a MIDI interface. Second, click On the link in my post above to view compatible audio interfaces for use with Pro Tools 7.4. You didn't throw your money, away as the Midisport can be used in addition to a required audio interface.

fre 07-27-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scenicrecords (Post 1819641)
First off, the Midisport UNO is not an audio interface. It is simply a MIDI interface. Second, click On the link in my post above to view compatible audio interfaces for use with Pro Tools 7.4. You didn't throw your money, away as the Midisport can be used in addition to a required audio interface.

Yeah, certainly i did not waist my money but now I have to buy an audio interface, which I need in order to use the Midisport UNO and be able to record out of my electric drumkit, as you very well implied.

Thanks so much for your help!

fre 08-01-2011 06:15 PM

Ok, I just found and audio interface, the M-Audio Micro. However, when checking on the link of compatibles audio interfaces, this one does not appear at all! Is there a slight chance that this link is not updated, because I am very interested in purchasing this audio interface to start working finally with my pro tools m-powered 7.4

scenicrecords 08-02-2011 08:10 AM

That is not a compatible interface. Read the list. 7.4 is an older version that will only work with the interfaces on that list.

fre 08-02-2011 05:03 PM

Ok, thank you so much for that info!!!

RichrdC 08-03-2011 08:58 AM

I don't know how much interface you need, but the Project Mix I/O has been everything I've needed..

fre 08-03-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichrdC (Post 1821579)
I don't know how much interface you need, but the Project Mix I/O has been everything I've needed..

Thanks but I just need something simple and not so expensive. The JamLab I think is perfect for me. I just want to record some midi audio from my electronic drumkit, and I think the one you just recommended me is for much bigger projects