Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PRO TOOLS 8 compatible with WINDOWS 7 someday? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=236588)

Sevensvox 01-14-2009 02:09 PM

PRO TOOLS 8 compatible with WINDOWS 7 someday?

Once Windows 7 is officially released, are there any plains of Pro Tools 8 being compatible with it?

Windows 7 seems to be a WHOLE lot better and smoother than VISTA; so, I'm hoping there could be a good marriage between the two software giants someday?

Anyone ever here anything through the grapevine regarding PT8 and WIN7?

spkguitar 01-14-2009 02:15 PM

Re: PRO TOOLS 8 compatible with WINDOWS 7 someday?

You really should have tried a search of this forum first. It turns up several very recent discussions (like this one, and another, etc etc), that are completely on topic.

Sevensvox 01-14-2009 02:22 PM

Cool thanks.... I'll check those out!

TOM@METRO 01-14-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevensvox (Post 1335601)
Once Windows 7 is officially released, are there any plains of Pro Tools 8 being compatible with it?

Windows 7 seems to be a WHOLE lot better and smoother than VISTA; so, I'm hoping there could be a good marriage between the two software giants someday?

Anyone ever here anything through the grapevine regarding PT8 and WIN7?

Only if PT9 doesn’t come out first.

JMonroe24 01-14-2009 06:21 PM

It will be. It has the same compatibility basis as Vista and we all know that PT works with Vista.

I've been testing Windows 7 for the past few days. I haven't tried PT on it yet. Im a put it on the one im almost finished building.

Shan 01-14-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMonroe24 (Post 1335759)
It will be. It has the same compatibility basis as Vista and we all know that PT works with Vista.

Not quite. You'll only be able to get Digi USB I/O boxes working with Windows 7 such as the Mbox etc and you'll have no iLok drivers for your plug-ins which nulls out using HD and M-Audio that can only run PT after it gets authorization from the iLok. Still a ways to go with Windows 7 and Pro Tools.

Shane

tonepad 01-14-2009 09:21 PM

+1 on W7 being better than Vista. It's apparent right outta the box (so to speak). I wrote a little assessment on the thread I started (mentioned above). IMO This will be the PC OS of choice going forward since even though I have a solid and fast XP/PT8 combo running I always have the feeling that I can break it if I go gorilla on it. Even though Vista is a bogmeister I feel that it is pretty dang robust... so that makes me hope that W7 turns out to be the best of both world's: the solid advances under the hood of Vista and the zippiness of a tuned XP rig.
Unfortunately for me since I don't care to do recording work on an MB2/USB interface I won't be doing too much with my W7/PT8 install. I plan to check in with it now and then to see how many MS updates are pushed. Already with the Beta there were 3 or 4 that came in. It's always a good sign that MS is on the case. By late Spring to Mid Summer I predict a solid OS and hopefully DIGI will follow suit with an 8.x version, within a few months.

Rustywalls 06-10-2009 12:19 PM

I loaded Windows 7 last night with Pro Tools 8 M-Powered and a M-Audio ProjectMix I/O. Pro Tools loaded with no problems whatsoever and there is a beta driver for the ProjectMix I/O on M-Audio's website for Windows 7. Also I loaded the Waves Mercury bundle and had no issues with that. The only software that I have not gotten to work yet is IK Multimedia's Sampletank L but I have not jumped to far into it. I think there is a new verson for Vista that may work since I upgraded to 7 from XP. I have not had much time to really push it but everything seems to be running smoothly.

TOM@METRO 06-10-2009 12:32 PM

Here's the giant thread on this.

burnsluciano 10-12-2009 07:38 AM

i know why pro tools mpowerd 7.4 dont work on windows 7. on vista it works untill u install service pack 1 then it stops workin. i uninstralled service pack 1 and it started working again. im sure the service pack 1 files from vista is already on windows 7 and that is what the problem is. i dont understand why when they make updates and new systems they just dont make it so all your stuff works like drivers software ect.