Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Track Folders Are Here .. ! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408083)

TrentWilliams 01-16-2020 08:23 AM

Track Folders Are Here .. !

http://www.avidblogs.com/pro-tools-2...on=audioteaser

Mark Ziebarth 01-16-2020 08:43 AM

Re: Track Folders Are Here .. !

will be here soon...

Southsidemusic 01-16-2020 09:22 AM

Zzzzz like 10 years too late ... and what about ARA2 .. we will be at ARA4 before Avid even reflects about that :p

Mark Ziebarth 01-16-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2551111)
Zzzzz like 10 years too late ... and what about ARA2 .. we will be at ARA4 before Avid even reflects about that :p

Yes, ARA would be a good addition. But it can go wrong...like the first iterations of Logic 10.4 showed. It’s working since at least 10.4.6. But you have to be careful not to open ARA sessions with 10.4.4 or earlier. Maybe your Melodyne edits are gone then...[emoji15]

Best

Mark

Southsidemusic 01-16-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth (Post 2551113)
Yes, ARA would be a good addition. But it can go wrong...like the first iterations of Logic 10.4 showed. It’s working since at least 10.4.6. But you have to be careful not to open ARA sessions with 10.4.4 or earlier. Maybe your Melodyne edits are gone then...[emoji15]

Best

Mark

Wow! Did not know that! Thanks Mark. Always useful info here and great wealth of knowledge as usual :-)

melodydetective 01-16-2020 09:46 AM

I’m wondering if anyone who is at NAMM can ask them if these folder tracks have any added MIDI functionality as Cubase does. Hiding and organizing tracks is definitely cool, but I’d love to be able to have a folder that contains several MIDI tracks with different targets and be able to go into record on the folder and have it record to all of the container tracks. Kind of an ensemble container or layered instrument container. Also great if folder tracks had track presets that would load many tracks up in a folder, for modular addressing of a template.

Actionmusic 01-16-2020 10:38 AM

that's a good point, now it's official, can anyone mod wise confirm v1 folder tracks can have Instrument/midi tracks within them (and all other types of tracks). can only "see" audio from the screenshots tbc

moshuajusic 01-16-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melodydetective (Post 2551117)
I’m wondering if anyone who is at NAMM can ask them if these folder tracks have any added MIDI functionality as Cubase does. Hiding and organizing tracks is definitely cool, but I’d love to be able to have a folder that contains several MIDI tracks with different targets and be able to go into record on the folder and have it record to all of the container tracks. Kind of an ensemble container or layered instrument container. Also great if folder tracks had track presets that would load many tracks up in a folder, for modular addressing of a template.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsimmons (Post 2551136)
that's a good point, now it's official, can anyone mod wise confirm v1 folder tracks can have Instrument/midi tracks within them (and all other types of tracks). can only "see" audio from the screenshots tbc

We don't even have a MIDI playlists view. :rolleyes:

gnjlee 01-16-2020 02:56 PM

Folder tracks *better* be part of permanent license holders updates or I will have paid my last renewal.

noiseboyuk 01-16-2020 03:04 PM

Looks good. I don't really understand the Routing Folders though... does anyone else? If so can they explain what it is and how it works in practice?