Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Command-space bar not working (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=258775)

zoff 11-08-2009 07:44 AM

Command-space bar not working

I've been using command-spacebar to start recording for may years, but it no longer works on my system. Anyone else having this problem.

matchoo0 11-09-2009 07:47 AM

Re: Command-space bar not working

Is the spotlight menu keyboard shortcut using command spacebar? You can change this in the spotlight prefs.

zoff 11-09-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchoo0 (Post 1493373)
Is the spotlight menu keyboard shortcut using command spacebar? You can change this in the spotlight prefs.

Not it's not. I tried temporarily enabling it for Spotlight to test the short cut and it works in Spotlight, but not Pro Tools.

AdHawk 12-18-2009 02:20 AM

I´m having this problem too. Kinda frustrating after so many years and even worse on the laptop

PKP 01-11-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bry (Post 1467778)
Found the problem. It was a preference plist, completely not related to Pro Tools. The file is located user\Library\Preferences\com.apple.symbolichotkeys .plist I'm assuming this is related to the Keyboard menu located in System Preferences.

Anyways, figure I'd post this incase someone else has the same problem. Running Pro Tools 8.0cs3 with no problems now.

Thanks for the help all.

zoff 01-11-2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKP (Post 1531073)
Originally Posted by bry
Found the problem. It was a preference plist, completely not related to Pro Tools. The file is located user\Library\Preferences\com.apple.symbolichotkeys .plist I'm assuming this is related to the Keyboard menu located in System Preferences.

Anyways, figure I'd post this incase someone else has the same problem. Running Pro Tools 8.0cs3 with no problems now.

Thanks for the help all.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! :-)

bobywane 01-18-2010 02:03 AM

What do you do with the "com.apple.symbolichotkeys .plist" file ?

I found it but I don't know what to do with it to recover the command-space recording...

Thank you

Fab

zoff 01-18-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobywane (Post 1536012)
What do you do with the "com.apple.symbolichotkeys .plist" file ?

I found it but I don't know what to do with it to recover the command-space recording...

Thank you

Fab

Move the plist file to the desktop, the system will then create a new one and you will loose your custom keyboard shortcuts. If all goes well you can trash the plist file that you moved to desktop.

bobywane 01-18-2010 09:28 AM

OK thank you, I'll try this and tell you if it works on my macbook.

bobywane 01-21-2010 04:03 AM

It works !!! But After deleting the plist file the spotlight shortcut preference was reactivated. I desactivated it:-) and now it's working as usual :)

THANK YOU !!! :-)