Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   FEATURE REQUEST: Give HDX *at least* the same voice count as a non-HDX interface (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411762)

grammymixer 09-04-2020 01:37 PM

FEATURE REQUEST: Give HDX *at least* the same voice count as a non-HDX interface

It is absolutely insane to think of the tens of thousands of dollars spent on HDX cards and Avid interfaces that are limited to 256 voices, when you can spend a thousand dollars on UAD Apollo twin and get 384 voices - 50% more than a HDX user!

Avid.... time to step up on this one... this is a complete scam.

You are literally punishing your most valuable customers! 384 should be the MINIMUM... why not 512? Surely you can do that if a native thunderbolt interface can provide 384 voices.

ejsongs 09-05-2020 01:06 AM

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Give HDX *at least* the same voice count as a non-HDX interface

They can't. they tried and failed so the feature was abandoned.

EJ

Southsidemusic 09-05-2020 03:37 AM

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Give HDX *at least* the same voice count as a non-HDX interface

And EVERY Customer is equally Valuable to any Company!

JFreak 09-05-2020 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejsongs (Post 2577028)
They can't. they tried and failed so the feature was abandoned.

They could and they did, just that they found out some percentage of old cards fail the firmware update so work is stil in progress. At least this is an announced feature that has not been officially pulled so what do we know until they say something? :eek:

JCBigler 09-05-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2577043)
They could and they did, just that they found out some percentage of old cards fail the firmware update so work is stil in progress. At least this is an announced feature that has not been officially pulled so what do we know until they say something? :eek:

They announced that like, what? two years ago now? You'd think if it was possible they would have figured it out by now.

My guess is that the only fix is to replace the cards themselves, and Avid doesn't want to eat that cost and they know their customers will be in an uproar if they try to make them pay for it themselves.

JFreak 09-05-2020 12:35 PM

It was supposed tobe 2019.5 feature, but it has been skipped so far.

If you ask me, assuming I remember correctly, they should have just accepted the fact that 15% of the cards need to be replaced on Avid's cost. That would have been far better than this negative publicity. But as always, they didn't ask me :cool:

Marsdy 09-05-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2577076)
It was supposed tobe 2019.5 feature, but it has been skipped so far.

If you ask me, assuming I remember correctly, they should have just accepted the fact that 15% of the cards need to be replaced on Avid's cost. That would have been far better than this negative publicity. But as always, they didn't ask me :cool:

I just wish Avid would say one way or another. If they still intend to do it then say so. If they can’t do it, tell us. That way I’ll probably get another card because I keep running out of voices. But then I’d be really p***** if they then increased the voice count at a later date.

I doubt Avid will pre-announce new features again!

JFreak 09-05-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdy (Post 2577092)
I doubt Avid will pre-announce new features again!

For sure. Lesson learnt :cool:

Tobias Eichelberg 09-05-2020 11:33 PM

Well...here's what they could do instead - unlock 128 I/O in CoreAudio for Pro Tools Ultimate software! We're paying quite a premium every year, yet we suffer being limited on all ends.

JFreak 09-05-2020 11:35 PM

There is no HDX software :cool:

Either they open CA limits for all CA or keep it as is. HDX hardware I/O is limited by the hardware you have